Took my Grendel to 1k today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took my Grendel to 1k today

I've been testing 2 different barrel brands that are in the same price range lately. Both are 16" mid length gas standard profile. I took one of them out to outback precision club today to see how it did on some long range. It did great out to 700 yards. Decided to try it at a 1k. This is my first time shooting past 500 yards also. Took me a few rounds to get a hit with the wind but I did end up getting quite a few hits. I was more than impressed with the rifle and was very happy I have hit 1k yards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sounds like a great time! What kind of groups are you getting out of them? Building a Grendel at the moment and am still undecided on the barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I couldn't go down range to check the groups. At 700 it was I believe a 2moa target.

Comment

At 100 yards I'm seeing .8 5 shot groups from this barrel, from a match grade barrel I've gotten .353 5 shot group.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I have two 6.5 Grendel's that I have built and I have been very impressed with the accuracy of one of them. That on has a match grade SS Shilen barrel on it and tight groups are the norm.
            I'm looking forward to the opportunity to stretch it out to 1,000 yards. That would be so cool.

Comment

It is fun shooting this round out that far. Makes for a good challenge.

Comment

Very cool!!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Planning on taking mine out today but no ranges available more than 100 yards around here. Oh, well....sounds like fun!

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                      Planning on taking mine out today but no ranges available more than 100 yards around here. Oh, well....sounds like fun!
                      Kuma, where in DFW are you? I just started driving out to Fossil Pointe in Decatur. They have a 200 yard bench and a long range side out to 800 if you qualify. Haven't been able to get out to the long range since I qualified but it may be worth checking out of you are wanting to stretch out your distance. Long range practice is only Sunday afternoons I think.

Comment

Great work! What optic are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Rswan13 View Post
                          Kuma, where in DFW are you? I just started driving out to Fossil Pointe in Decatur. They have a 200 yard bench and a long range side out to 800 if you qualify. Haven't been able to get out to the long range since I qualified but it may be worth checking out of you are wanting to stretch out your distance. Long range practice is only Sunday afternoons I think.
                          They also have a 200 yard range at Gibson's Outpost Range in Mesquite.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                            Great work! What optic are you using?
                            Nightforce shv

Comment

Originally posted by Rswan13 View Post
                              I think you and I have spoken on FB before about grendels. Fossil Pointe seems like a nice range just wish the 800 side was open more often.

Comment

Working...
                              X