Epic Thanksgiving weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic Thanksgiving weekend!

This year hunting has been tough so far for the Staton's. My wife only comes to the lease a couple times a year and Thanksgiving is one of those times. She was all the luck we needed.

1st night I had to run to my stand after dark to get some chairs we would need in another stand and I had about 6 kids that wanted to come with me. We were all excited when this big male fox ran out in front of us.

The the next morning everyone slept in except me and I went out looking for a doe or cull. This was my only second sit of the year alone and me hunting. Normally the kids do all the hunting. I see this nice buck coming down the hill 400 yards away and he walks straight too me. He busted me when he 1st walked out but the two does at the corn was more than he could resist. He stayed facing me for 10 min. When he turned to leave I quickly drew and made a perfect quartering away shot. He ran about 40 yards

Then that evening my daughter wanted to just have a fun hunt so we went to a gun blind with my wife and her. I didn't think we would see a deer with all the laughing in the stand. This doe decided to step out and see what was so funny. My daughter made a perfect shot at 130 yards with her .243.

The the next day was my youngest turn. We were going to try and get him his 1st deer using a crossbow. We practiced that week at the lease and he was shooting great. He is only 5 but has been hunting with me for 2 years.

This spike came out early and I thought he would make a perfect 1st deer. We had looked at pics of deer in the stand and he showed me were to shoot and I reminded him to squeeze the trigger. He did just that!!!

The icing on the cake was right after he shot his big buck my wife spotted movement and I looked and saw a bobcat. I brought my gun with me luckily and was able to kill this big Tom. It was the biggest cat I had ever seen.

What a great weekend with family and thankful my wife was there to see it all!!!

That's awesome Cale!

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Good stuff man

Comment

Great times there with the family! This is what life is all about shown in the pictures. Congratulations.

Comment

Talk about a killer weekend!

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Cool weekend. Congrats

Comment

Great weekend, for sure!

Congrats,

Bisch

Comment

Looks like you put your kids first when it comes to hunting, kudos to you sir!!!
                    And congrats to all of you on some great shooting!!!

Comment

Good grief, that is a lot of dead animals!

Comment

Awesome family time right there!

Comment

Congrats! Sounds like an action packed weekend

Comment

Wow!!! congrats

Comment

Great job Dad- solid family time right there

Comment

Working...
                              X