dogs around feeder area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dogs around feeder area

The other day I saw a pic of 2 large dogs around my feeder area. This is a new feeder this year but its annoying. Going by the camera time, they didn't hang around long but I'd rather not have them around.
    How do y'all deal with something like that? Should I put up a short fence around it?

I had the same thing happen, with the same question. I called the landowner and he had no idea who they would have belonged too. I had them under 2 different feeders on the opposite end of the property(500 acres).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sss!

Comment

I would put up a 36 in hog wire fence if nothing else to keep the stinking hogs out

Comment

TSU.. Any sheep or goat owners around? Looks like Great Pyrenees.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

if they are they lost their goats...

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post

x2 on Great Pyrenees, not just random dogs out for a stroll imo.

Comment

We saw 3 dogs chasing deer on our place last year. Muts. And I ran into a big German Sheppard one morning on the way to my stand.
                LO has no idea who's they are. Annoying. *But I won't kill someone's dog.

FFW to last tues....

Buddy shot a doe then trailed her up and gutted her. Then he walked about 75 yards to wash his hands and knife in the creek. When he returned to the deer there were 3 dogs on it. He said they growled and came towards him aggressively. They wanted that deer.

He only had the knife but picked up a club/stick. He finally got em ran off a ways but one was still sitting about 40 yds away when I pulled up. More than Annoying!

*I'll shoot someone's dog in a situation like that!

Comment

SSS that’s will take care of the problem for sure

Comment

Are y’all kidding? Price of lease plus corn , and gas back and forth, all lost for dogs? Muzzy.....

Comment

"I though they were coyotes" is what I would say

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                        x2 on Great Pyrenees, not just random dogs out for a stroll imo.

Ditto. Except that he is not asleep, almost looks like Winston from a few years back on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post

My landowner said he doesn’t know of anyone running sheep or goats anywhere near us. I haven’t seen them since so maybe they found what they were looking for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

FWIW, I had two dogs run a big buck by my stand last year from downwind and crossing my path getting in (ET, both uncommon for me).

Had those two dogs not been up his rear I doubt I would have seen him.

Still wouldn't like seeing any around my feeders though.

Comment

I had a land owner who I leased from that let his dogs free roam. On many occasions they scared Axis and whitetail. As a professional dog trainer I would never consider sss. I finally got tired of putting up with it and moved to another lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X