No announcement yet.

2WD or 4WD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you get stuck, a 4x4 with open diffs is a 2 wheel drive!

Comment

Never understood why anyone buys a 2wd truck.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not getting stuck simple 4X4 toyota single cab decent tires air them down . I have seen these trucks in things that no other full size was at . climb steep hills in Glamis go the same place the sand rails went in fact saw one tow a busted rail out from the large bowels Laughed at it silly thing was just chugging along ..

My truck is a mega cab diesel for mud HA HA NO diesel does that well just plain PIGS weight wise , pull a house sure enough get stuck even faster .

If I have to make it through you better carry some speed and start rolling coal on the way in and dont lift , dont even think about lifting on that pedal .

I am not a guy that likes to go mudding not my thing but I have taken my truck in places that I should not have and the speeds I needed to get through where MUCH faster than the lighter gas trucks . I have lockers as well . still just too heavy I scaled mine with me in it 3/4 tank of fuel 7955 lbs Thats a bunch when it comes to mud .

THE PIG

Untitled by GMR Performance, on Flickr

Comment

44 years old and I have never owned a 2wd vehicle.

Comment

upgraded to 4x4 last year. Have used more than I thought with all the rain this year. Lease roads have stayed muddy / wet since September

Comment

4wd since I started driving in '89

Comment

4WD Z-71 3/4 Ton

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Never had a 2wd truck...had Chevy's, Ford, Tundra, Trooper (suv) and now back to my 2nd Tundra. You may not use the 4x4 that often, but when you need it...well?

Comment

Originally posted by SCORPION KING View Post
                    4x4 here
                    Better to have and not need it than
                    need it and don’t have it.Havent had a2wd in over 30 years
                    Same, except its been like 15 years for me.

We have a 2wd pickup at work, and I am constantly stuck in it, especially this time of year. But, it doesnt even have a locker in the rear axle, so its really 1wd. My admin get tired of me complaining about it because we are pretty well in deficit right now, but I want them to consider that as a replacement need when the money becomes available.

Comment

4wd, all day every day and twice on Sunday. I won’t spend money on a vehicle that couldn’t get me past the gate at camp after a rain.

Comment

4x4

2011 Ford F-150 4x4 xlt supercrew 3.5L ecoboost,
                        Bought new in 2011. I've got 145,000 miles on it so far. It's been up and down the beach, and climbed hills covered by rocks while hunting in the hill country. Its Been through mud. It's towed our 36' rv
                        On several camping trips and to our hunting lease near Sonora. It's been a good truck.
                        Attached Files

Comment

4wd. They cost more but it also helps protect the value of the vehicle a little bit. Fuel efficiency isnt effected very much. I average about 17mpg on my GMC, with a levelling kit and 33" all terrains. My wifes ford explorer barely gets 22mpg.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've owned them all..My pocketbook says...all I can add is (when you stick a 4wd ,you twice as Stuck as 2wd) ..As for Long Diesel 2wd it will get stuck in a Cow Pie..

Comment

All 3 of my vehicles are 4x4.

Comment

If you are a hunter and enjoy losing time stuck in the mud then go ahead and get a 2wd.

Comment

Working...
                                X