Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Older Compound Bows...who still hunts with them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool old thread!!

Still shootin my 06 SB XT. Every year I say I'm gonna buy a new one and every year the SB XT keeps killin...

Comment

2001 Mathews Q2 for me. Don't know if I'll buy another, unless it's to pass this one on to my kids.

Comment

Still shooting my old Helim and No Cam

Comment

Barnett Banshee

Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I wish I had my old bow it was a PSE Fireflight and it would be 26 years old now. I shoot a 2009 Mission Journey and plan to hunt with it for another 10 years

Comment

Switchback. 04, 05 or so. Stone cold Killa!

Comment

Been shooting my Mathews Switchback since 2005. Bought a second one used about three years ago at a lower draw. Started this compound shooting with a Allen which is The first compound on the market and the one that had the original patents.

Comment

I still keep my Browning Mirage c. 1994 in the closet. Can’t bring myself to get rid of it.

Comment

PSE Phaser from back in the early 80's. Not a big bowyer so it did not slay much. got rid of it about 3 years ago when I could not hit the broad side of a barn with it. Probably my problem!

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post
                      I wish I had my old bow it was a PSE Fireflight and it would be 26 years old now. I shoot a 2009 Mission Journey and plan to hunt with it for another 10 years
                      I started bow hunting with this same bow early 90’s PSE fireflight! Loved that bow it was slow but quiet even with the insane overdraw on it. My cable started fraying and i was worried it would explode on me. Sold it without cable and string and went to a mathews drenalin. From there ive had the drenalin, the Z-9, and now ive settled with the no cam HTR.

Comment

I hunt with a Pearson Spoiler, lol.

Comment

I started with a old Golden Eagle Super Hawk hand me down, traded to a Martin Phantom II....
                          Once i decided i was going to bowhunt nearly exclusively I bought new Hoyt Carbon Defiant and haven’t looked back.
                          The old bows were cool but the new technology won me over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Im shooting an '05 Diamond Triumph.

Comment

I used a old PSE with an overdraw until about 3 years ago. It was smoking fast at 220 fps and louder than slamming the screen door.

Hoggslayer

Comment

I'm still flinging arrows with my 1995 CSS System P1 bow. It shoots lights out just like it did the day I got it 23 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X