No announcement yet.

Diy Ebike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how long does will this run on a charge?

Comment

I kept all the parts off two of the little Power wheels jeeps. Now I have an idea for a new quiet electric hunting bike, complete with forward and reverse controllers.

Comment

That is cool

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
          So how long does will this run on a charge?
          depends on battery used, terrain and whether you use throttle only or pedal assist. pedal assist is nice you pedal and the motor kicks in to help. range on mine is north of 40 miles....haven't ran it until dead yet but have put over 40 miles on it and still had quite a bit of juice left.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

That video had me grinnin'!

Comment

had so much fun with the first one i needed to build another one. took the first one through some deep mud holes, creeks with about 12" of water, fields with chest high grass covering up boulders and fallen trees etc.

this time i wanted a fat bike so started with a cheap $200 mongoose dolomite from walmart. BBSHD motor kit $700. few accessories (seat, rack, bow holders, battery bag) $100. I will build my own battery for this one in a few days (52v, 15ah) ~$240
                So this one will come in much cheaper than the first.
                Last edited by wes122984; 10-16-2018, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm all about cheaper!

Comment

Here’s the first one after my first hunt with it.

What used to be a 25 min walk to stand is now under 2 min.
                      Deer don’t mind it much. Several walked right by it. Park it 30 yards away.

Bike 2 before converting. After stripping all the stickers off it.

Comment

Looks good. I need to ride it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Crazy cool. Had no idea you could build these yourself. Where do you buy the parts?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                            Crazy cool. Had no idea you could build these yourself. Where do you buy the parts?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                            there is all kinds of motors, controllers and batteries out there that can be bought from ebay, amazon etc but the 2 biggest and best are lunacycle.com
                            and https://em3ev.com/

Comment

Really cool. 40 miles plus range is awesome. I cringed when you said 23mph and wet corner.

Bikesdirect.com has some really good customizeable cheaper fatbikes amongst other types of bikes. Ive a Gravity Fatbike for around $500...and I was able to build it online to fit my lanky frame.

I like your rattle can camo. Well done. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                                Really cool. 40 miles plus range is awesome. I cringed when you said 23mph and wet corner.

Bikesdirect.com has some really good customizeable cheaper fatbikes amongst other types of bikes. Ive a Gravity Fatbike for around $500...and I was able to build it online to fit my lanky frame.

I like your rattle can camo. Well done. Thanks for sharing.
                                I never could color between the lines I am way too lazy to properly prep etc lol. Figured it would rub off the tires soon. Just wanted to knock the shine off it.

and yeah bikesdirect is awesome and would recommend it to anyone looking for a quality bike a good price.

Comment

Working...
                                X