Colorado/Austin County buck - age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado/Austin County buck - age?

I've had this guy showing up pretty regularly but I can't decide on his age. In some pics he looks 4.5-5.5 and others he looks like a super healthy 2.5. Took at look at these and tell me what you see. I see a 3.5 year old deer tops. But sadly he won't make it through the season near my place.

Neat looking deer. I’d say 3 1/2. If he is coming in regularly to your blind, may be worth rolling the dice on and letting him walk. I had a similar situation on our place 2 years ago and I knew he was visiting our neighbors. Fortunately from the sounds of it, they tagged out opening morning and I watched the buck all season and he made it to the next year. Paid off big time. You know your area better than anyone though! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Really looks like a healthy 2.5 year old to me. For sure no older than 3.5.

Good looking.

Comment

Originally posted by TSUBryanG View Post
        Neat looking deer. I’d say 3 1/2. If he is coming in regularly to your blind, may be worth rolling the dice on and letting him walk. I had a similar situation on our place 2 years ago and I knew he was visiting our neighbors. Fortunately from the sounds of it, they tagged out opening morning and I watched the buck all season and he made it to the next year. Paid off big time. You know your area better than anyone though! Good luck
        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I'd love to see this guy after another year or two. My area sounds like we're in the middle of a gun range once general season begins. I've seen ONE 4.5+ year old deer out there in 8 years.

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
        Really looks like a healthy 2.5 year old to me. For sure no older than 3.5.

Good looking.
        That's what I see too. But I am by no means an expert on aging deer but all I see are those long legs and a thin neck.

Comment

I never seen a 2 year old like that around our place.
          Looks 3 to me in those pics. But could be a small bodied 4 year old.
          I would let him walk for at least 3 years before I put him on the list.

Comment

Working...
          X