Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karma = Lost job. Missed many an opportunity to keep her trap Shut. TBH LEO's??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
    Yes, she was way over board and it was a clear abuse of power.
    But let me ask this?
    How many here have shown a mini badge or PBA card because of kin on the job, and have been the recipient of a officers discretion? I know I have.
    Not saying she should have gotten away with this. But that is most likely what she was looking for... officers discretion.
    But since the wheels might have been already put into motion with tow truck coming to impound non registered vehicle, and called in incident on road shoulder. So that cop could have been on the hook if he did not follow through.
    She may have been a Port Authority commissioner, but they give out that badge to basically office people(top execs, but pencil pushers) who have never been through the academy or had to deal with the public.
    I am a member of the Sheriff & Trooper association...travel more than most due to my gig & no real names to toss out. Certainly wouldn't want to increase my chances of a citation by sharing association with TBH LE. Heck, it can be Hard for me keep up with what county I'm in some days. I do not get stopped often, but when it happens I know why 99%. Maybe I'm lucky as Most all le interactions have been with similar attitudes as in the vid. Always positive with a good outlook & figure this will go Way easier being honest & keeping the mood where it started. I've never-never understood those who take counter approach looking to make an enemy vs the opportunity to create a friend?? Busting their chops right as LE walks up as they should understand the importance of how significant their situation at that moment supersedes what LE is paid to do??

I had an awkward deal happen to me yesterday heading n on 281 out of the valley...there was certainly an appearance of an uptick in le presence & was somewhere not too far north of San Manuel when I saw the lights from a black & white coming up. Pulled into the fast lane & slowed down as I got closer...then noticed there was nobody standing around the vehicles. Slowed some more & saw all the doors / including the trunk were open on the one stopped vehicle and some on the trooper's tahoe. By this time I'm on the brakes and just trying to find LE & this is all happening quickly. Well, the perp apparently made a run for it & now has two officers on top & look like they have him subdued. He almost made it to the fence & we do have excessive shoulders in that stretch. As I'm creeping away from all this, Both officers keep looking around to check their 6 & got to thinking maybe there was another who got past??

Having said all that, I felt inclined to want to help in some capacity...even if it was to turn around & park 50 yards before the troopers & just observe. In the end I'm guessing civi help of 'most' any kind is a distraction simply since you cannot 100% separate threat from friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
      Blows my mind. She totally expected the officers to pack it up when she provided her credentials. Her daughter too obviously. She wasn't even the one pulled over. It wasn't her car getting towed but still, "Let me call my mom. She'll get us out of it."
      Wonder how many times mom bailed her out?

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
        The greatest sound in the world came out of my radio from dispatch. "Is your radio secure"
        So "Is your radio secure" means do you have them in cuffs yet?

Just clarifying....for a friend...

Comment

Originally posted by pafdrn View Post
          A squirt with some Pepper spray sure would have made me giggle.
          About halfway through, when she was crowding him and she didn't backup, I thought it was gonna happen.

Im gonna confess something...about a year ago I was late for work and exceeding the speed limit by more than I should have, now mind you I do not make it a habit of breaking the law, I got pulled over by a state trooper. My record is clean as the Board of Health, I was speeding, knew I was speeding. He asked me a few questions, I answered without pulling any "Power Cards", so instead of taking me to jail, which he had every right to, he gave me a break on the ticket. Can you imagine what would've happened if I would have pulled that crap? Be smart, comply, answer questions, take your medicine. If you want oppose it, go to court.
          Last edited by lovemylegacy; 04-26-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

WOW. You would think someone like her would know that it was all recorded and to handle it later.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post

Anyway, I get up to the car. Guy is still cussing me and hands me his Law Licences (Bar card). Told him that it looked nice, handed it back and asked for his DL. I did notice all the gold chains, Rolex and the fake tan. Guy was mid 50's and about 5-4 220...Not that I was judging or anything. Just being observant...

This guy?

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                This guy?

His blond haired brother would be a close resemblance lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                X