No announcement yet.

Lost a kidney in a foreign country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There needs to be an arse whupping in here somewhere!

Comment

Title is way much for some I guess, but that’s how I felt it has explained a lot it has only been to two ford dealership and one diesel shop ever and the frustration of removing and replacing it cause of whomever took the original and replaced it with a used one didn’t do a prideful job took 11 hrs start to finish and my wife’s excursion took me 4 hrs start to finish I did not drink as I get engrossed in my task that I stay till I’m complete. The feeling when starting it after seems like everything going wrong was a great relief of it purring, smooth idling and quiet I mean this truck has miles and idle time on it I though it was supposed to smoke and shake violently. The title is how i felt when I saw the HPOP wasn’t the original. IM SORRY IF YOURE OFFENDED BY THE TITLE, but it’s how I felt.

Comment

Take a breath...

Comment

Lolol!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slingingsticks View Post
            Title is way much for some I guess, but that’s how I felt it has explained a lot it has only been to two ford dealership and one diesel shop ever and the frustration of removing and replacing it cause of whomever took the original and replaced it with a used one didn’t do a prideful job took 11 hrs start to finish and my wife’s excursion took me 4 hrs start to finish I did not drink as I get engrossed in my task that I stay till I’m complete. The feeling when starting it after seems like everything going wrong was a great relief of it purring, smooth idling and quiet I mean this truck has miles and idle time on it I though it was supposed to smoke and shake violently. The title is how i felt when I saw the HPOP wasn’t the original. IM SORRY IF YOURE OFFENDED BY THE TITLE, but it’s how I felt.
            You are wrong. We aren't offended by the title as much as the lack of punctuation.
            Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Slingingsticks View Post

Comment

Originally posted by slingingsticks View Post
                  just kidding!

Long story shorter, i’ve had my 2000 ford f-350 lariat crewcab dually 4wd with a 7.3liter diesel since 1999. I bought it online at ford.com. Have had it at two dealerships and one diesel shop in san antonio. Never had an major issues with it, except a few injectors replaced, or so i thought. It has been running rough for about 7 years or so. I neglect it because i don't care.

As it turns out, my wife also has a 2003 ford excursion limited 4x4 7.3 diesel with 328000 miles. It started leaking from her high pressure oil pump at all locations , so i replaced it and it made a great difference. I was told the hpop is the heart of the 7.3 so maybe my 2000 f350 dually would benefit from the same since it has almost 398000 on it.

Turned out to be a lot of work! Hpop oil lines were not disconnecting as easy as hers. Also turned out it was were removed before unbeknownst to me. The old one had a tag of remanufactured on it instead of the ford stamp like hers had. Mine was taken and replaced with one that was not up to par! After i replaced it and the hpop lines and all fittings and it’s like a brand new truck. It doesn’t shake violently, doesn’t hard start and my oil pressure light goes off immediately at low speeds. I had been disengaging the overdrive to keep the rpms up to run it smoothly.

I just can’t believe what has happened. I took pictures of the remanufactured hpop that i removed from mine and the hpop oil line that were chewed up from whomever removed them. (need to figure out what I am going to do about it!)

Cost of the whole thing was:
                  Pop oil pump $400
                  fittings $30
                  hpop oil lines $160
                  oil $16
                  antifreeze $9

even so, i am just happy my truck is back to normal.
                  fify

By the way, I get it now... some shop clearly replaced your HPOP without you knowing it and did a crappy job and that is why your truck has been running so crappy the last few years... kinda like you found a scar where somebody had removed your kidney when you passed out drunk one night on a trip into Mexico...

Glad you truck is running better now!
                  Last edited by SwampRabbit; 04-19-2018, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aghntr10 View Post
                    you are wrong. We aren't offended by the title as much as the lack of punctuation.
                    lol

Comment

Dammitboy

Comment

I laughed so hard at this thread that my dogs had to come check on me.

Comment

Punctuation is everything says a lot about a guy but not more so than not finishing a sentence. HAHA

Comment

“...been running rough for 7 years or so!”

Comment

"...I did not drink as I get engrossed in my task that I stay till I’m complete."

My head hurts now and I can't stop laughing. Soooo glad I'm off tomorrow!

Comment

Seriously, put some periods in there. I’m interested in the story but it is extremely hard to figure out what you’re talking about when it all runs together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X