ELT Buck Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ELT Buck Video

Growing big mature bucks takes lots time and patience. After many years of relaxed harvest criteria we are finally seeing a large portion of our bucks in the older age classes. Here is a video compilation from this past season with many of our bucks. I hope y'all enjoy.

Thanks

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
    Last edited by FCTrapper; 05-02-2017, 09:40 AM.

Looks like you have a Toad "problem" my friend.. Thumbs up on letting em walk to breed another day..

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Dang, yall have an awesome collection of videos. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Cool; That was fun! Ranch is making great progress.

Whats the story on those platter style feeders?

Comment

You my friend are one lucky man!

Comment

Wow! Nice!

Comment

Great compilation. What is the story on the trays and small feeding platforms? Setup for kill shots?

Comment

Yalls deer looks awesome! I bet August/September can't come quick enough

Comment

That's 8 minute video seems full of some really nice bucks
                  Your management practice appears to be working well, keep it up
                  Enjoyed the video, thanks for posting

Comment

Very nice, looks like things are going your way. Some impressive critters !

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                      Cool; That was fun! Ranch is making great progress.

Whats the story on those platter style feeders?
                      Those are what we call "TREAT" Troughs. We place them at all our bowhunting setups. We drive pipe in to a certain height then weld disk on top of them. Its the perfect height to keep the deer occupied. They don't seem to pick up movement as easy when they are eating out of them. Plus the pipe/disk keep the hogs from tearing them up. We feed a special treat feed with peanuts, corn, alfalfa pellet and protein pellet from Dilley Feed and Grain.

Comment

Rodney,
                        What do you mean by "relaxed harvest criteria"...specifically?

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                          Rodney,
                          What do you mean by "relaxed harvest criteria"...specifically?
                          Instead of looking for reason to kill a buck we looked for reasons not to kill them.

5 years ago we chose to not worry about culling bucks or at the least till they were 5.5 years old. Our number 1 GOAL was We wanted to improve our mature buck age class percentage across the ranch. By not selectively harvesting young bucks due to any criteria or standard all () bucks were aloud to age and prove their genetic potential. We took our Mature buck (5.5+) age class from 28% of the total buck population in 2012 to 48% in 2016. Last season we counted over 78 bucks over 150 B&C ( some of those bucks were under 5.5 years FYI).

Comment

Great stuff brother! I've really enjoyed following the progression of your herd and management plan. Incredible results, hats off to you!

Comment

Great looking bucks. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              X