Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pellet cooker recipes

Finally got a Treager!! Post you favorite recipe here

Bump for you. If you don't get any response from here, go to: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/
    A lot more helpful information there.
    Last edited by mdb; 04-01-2017, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Pelletheads.com has a pretty good forum with boards for recipes, tips, gadgets, Pellet brands and even breaks it down to specific models. Found a lot of useful info there. We went with a Green Mountain Pellet Grill and like it a lot better than our previous Brinkman or Bradley smokers. Welcome to the Pellet side.

Comment

Did a whole pig on one this weekend. Turned out good I just injected it with Cajun butter and coated it with grub rub.

Simple

Comment

I got a Rec Tec pellet grill a few years ago and I noticed that the quality of flavor profile the pellets give off vary from brand to brand. As far as a recipe I like to cook a good brisket at 200-225 until the internal temp reaches 185 to 190 because it'll go up another 5-10 degrees when you take it out. It usually cooks for 10-12 hrs. If you want to cut the time down start higher heat and lower it after a couple hours. Make sure you put the fat side up so when it melts the fat goes to the rest of the brisket. For seasonings i either use Jack Daniels beef rub which gets a lot of its flavoring from the brown sugar or just sea salt and freshly ground peppercorns.

Comment

Working...
          X