Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stevens 555e Shotgun

Anyone have one?

I’m looking at getting one for a pheasant hunt later this year and wonder if anyone can tell me how they like theirs.

Online reviews seem positive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of them before. So I looked them up, kind of interesting. I have a thing for 16 ga. shotguns. I can't think of a single modern shotgun made, that is available in 16 ga., but Savage lists 16 ga. for this gun. Then it's a over and under, which is not typical for Savage/Stevens.

Comment

I bought one right after they hit the market (12 gauge). I"m guessing maybe a 1000 rounds through it with no issues other than it was a hard-kicking SOB.

It was a good gun and I'm sure it still is. This is just personal but it always bothered me that it was Turkish made and I had very little attachment to it.

Comment

i got one to dove hunt with in 410, shoots good. I like mine! only down side so far is there are no after market extended chokes but Briley will custom make some for a reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by Cullbuck View Post
          i got one to dove hunt with in 410, shoots good. I like mine! only down side so far is there are no after market extended chokes but Briley will custom make some for a reasonable price.

Carlson makes extended chokes for them

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
            Carlson makes extended chokes for them

man you had me excited for a sec, they only make them for 12 gauge. i havent found anyone yet that makes them for the 410.

Comment

man you had me excited for a sec, they only make them for 12 gauge. i havent found anyone yet that makes them for the 410.

Whoops. I glazed over the .410 part

Comment

I have one in 28 ga and love it. I've only put about 500 rounds through mine but it's a great dove gun and very easy on the shoulder. Mine uses the mobile choke system so I've purchased a set of aftermarket chokes for it. Would highly recommend for the price.

Comment

See if you can get your hands on some Beretta/Benelli mobile chokes, that what my 28ga runs.

Comment

Originally posted by raw10628 View Post
                    See if you can get your hands on some Beretta/Benelli mobile chokes, that what my 28ga runs.
                    Thanks I just emailed them to see, Ill see if i can get my hands on one.

Comment

Working...
                    X