No announcement yet.

Wild Turkey Breast Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget the giblets on your wild turkey! I killed a nice tom last weekend, and took out the heart, gizzard, and liver and had it for lunch that afternoon. Just seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then seared in a hot cast iron skillet with a little bit of oil. Cooked until medium rare/medium. Very good eats.

Comment

Fiance's favorite wild game is fried turkey nuggets so we usually do that. Last year I did a spin off of this recipe (https://pitboss-grills.com/recipes/t...lattice-turkey) and it came out great.

Basically rubbed down the turkey with the herbs and pepper, wrapped it in bacon to keep it from drying out (I didn't brine it), then smoked it on the pellet grill. Came out moist and tender. I was very happy with it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
        Also, try carnitas with the legs!
        This! Used Hank Shaw's recipe the other day and it was really good.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
          Thanks for the recipes guys. They sound delicious, but I am wanting NON-FRIED recipes. Or is that the only way anyone eats wild turkey?
          Cut into "steak" - sized portions and toss in some sesame oil for a short while. Pull from oil and season with your preferred seasoning and throw on a grill until about 145*. Serve with some grilled / sauteed veggies.

Comment

This is the result of 25 minutes in the instapot
            Attached Files

Comment

We cut into strips and season ours and grill it on a George Forman. Sautee onions and bell peppers in a pan. Throw in all together and dump in some tiger sauce an simmer for a minute or 2. It's super easy and excellent!

Comment

Working...
              X