Going bowfishing with a Bear Kodiak Magnum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going bowfishing with a Bear Kodiak Magnum

Godfather to my Sarrel Green Lynx. My buddy loaned me this bow to go bowfishing and my jaw dropped when I saw "The Godfather".

I want to get a new string and wondering if endless loop or flemish twist is better. An endless loop is available but would have to wait for a flemish twist. I called Bear Archery: the brace height is 7-8" and the string length is 48".

KU61199
    AMO 52" 50#

I love the green string drum with the green bow.
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:14 AM.

Kodiak Magnum

Comment

Greune on Greune

Comment

For bowfishing I would go with the standard endless loop string. If I were setting it up to hunt whitetail and pigs I would use a custom string.

Comment

Endless loop or flemish twist is personal preference. One is not inherently better than the other for any reason.

Bisch

Comment

Data: I swear it says 50X#

Comment

Gold coin inset in riser

Comment

50X# means it is actually 51#@28"

Bisch

Comment

Thanks DRT. Thanks Bisch. I called Paull...Double G has a 48" endless loop in stock and Im gonna get him to set me up.

Thisll be my first time bow fishing. Any particular way to set the nock point up?

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                    Thanks DRT. Thanks Bisch. I called Paull...Double G has a 48" endless loop in stock and Im gonna get him to set me up.

Thisll be my first time bow fishing. Any particular way to set the nock point up?
                    Make sure that string is Dacron, unless you verify that the bow is ff compatible.

I set mine up at about the same brace height as all my other bows.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      I set mine up at about the same height as all my other bows.

Bisch
                      Good to go. Thanks.

Comment

An endless loop is fine. I made a flemish twist string for my bow fishing rig and I don't wrap ends or put silencers on the strings... it don't really matter if it is loud.

Comment

Man, I love the look of those kodiak magnums. They are just a little pinchy for me at my draw length. Nice bow. For string prices, I would get both and use the endless loop till the Flemish gets there. I prefer the Flemish twist because I think they're quieter and don't wack the limb so hard. But for bow fishing, noise ain't a factor.

Comment

I got my dads 40 year old school bear as our back up bow fishing bow with a Ted Nugent zebra wrapped arrow.Talk about looking good when your holding that up on the deck. Fun to go old school with it here or there. Shot some reds with it a few weeks ago. Can't seem to find a picture of it unfortunately.

Comment

Get a set of these for your string.....that way you won't have to worry about keeping your glove or tab dry.....your fingers will thank you!!! Bowfishing is an addiction....BE CAREFUL!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X