X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching this!

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
      I'm liking it. Keep the pics coming. Plunge cutting with a circular saw might have been easier than keeping a jig saw straight. Certainly would have been faster.
      Good looking build so far. I love mine but echo Buckwheat's comment that they are LOUD...I lined mine w/ carpet here and there and it has helped somewhat. Another caution...**** thing gets hot inside during Oct!

What's your plan for the curvature of the blind using the Deerview windows?

Circular saws work fine...except for when your BIL tries his hand helping out after a few BL Limes!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rascalarms View Post
        Good looking build so far. I love mine but echo Buckwheat's comment that they are LOUD...I lined mine w/ carpet here and there and it has helped somewhat. Another caution...**** thing gets hot inside during Oct!

What's your plan for the curvature of the blind using the Deerview windows?

Circular saws work fine...except for when your BIL tries his hand helping out after a few BL Limes!
        Thanks man, ya I've tapped on the sides and that ain't gonna cut it. Figured SF would be the best bet for noise reduction and maybe help with the heat...maybe

For the windows I'm gonna cut some flanges on the CNC and hopefully use 2x2 angle stuck through the opening just enough to close it off and then ill have a flat frame to attach the windows. I asked Tyler with DV if the 2x2 would be enough to have room for the hinges after making my opening the 1" smaller. He said I might be safe to go ahead with 2.5" but I can't get it as thin as the 2x2 so I'm going to hold off until I get them to know for sure what to use on that.

Haha can't ever trust a family member when they say hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Looking good so far, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel_ View Post
                Looking good so far, can't wait to see how it turns out.
                Originally posted by Arrow Slinger88 View Post
                Looks good!
                Originally posted by lrich View Post
                nice
                Thanks fellas

Comment

Lookin good'

Comment

Nice job Blake.

A little tip I learned when I built mine: Don't try to paint it with spray paint. Go get a bucket of paint and a roller.

Comment

Originally posted by Robby Brown View Post
                      Nice job Blake.

A little tip I learned when I built mine: Don't try to paint it with spray paint. Go get a bucket of paint and a roller.
                      Thanks Robby, haha I don't think could spray paint the whole thing. My hands cramp up before I get done with one can. Think I'm gonna go over to Adams paint and see if they have any good paint for plastic and use our paint gun at work. When I get it up and running, you'll have to come and see if we can't get a pig or two on video. It's definitely got room for two.

Comment

Well got most of my steel in this afternoon, brought me some of the wrong pieces. Asked for some 1.5" x 3/16" strap to tie all the legs together, Got 4" x 3/16". I'll get it swapped out tomorrow. Anyway, got the platform mostly done, just need a ladder and some plywood to floor it with. I'll get that and the TSC rubber mats tomorrow so I can get the floor on the platform and blind. Got the windows squared away with Tyler today so just waiting on them to come in. Still haven't quite got the door figured out but close. Here's what it looks like as of today. Mom said it looked like the Mars moon rover
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ive hunted in one. Beware, it will get hot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tex8569 View Post
                            Ive hunted in one. Beware, it will get hot!!!
                            Haha, that's what I keep hearing. But hey, what blind isn't hot during the first of the season.. My wheels in my head are turning to try to reduce this, just not sure if the deer will like a window unit.

Comment

swamp cooler (aka ice chest with dry ice and a fan)

Comment

I don't know if it will work or not but I've got several rolls of padding/acoustic pad left over from putting flooring in my house. I'm planning on using it to line a blind. It should help with noise and keep me from having to paint the inside since its a dark gray color, just a few shades lighter than black. And it's fairly cheap too. It won't help with the heat though. Just a suggestion you might want to consider.

Comment

Working...
                                X