Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida Things to do ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida Things to do ?

Besides the beach......

Will be spending some time there this June. Planning on doing some surf fishing for sure and we might go out with a guide. Those that have been what are some things y'all did( entertainment and restaurants ). We will have a hand full of kids ( 6 - 9 year olds )

Thanks

Crab Island. You can rent a pontoon boat for the day and spend it out there. I have to go over that way a couple times a year for work and the wife and I want to do this, just need the girls to get a little older first. However it really looks like fun to do.

For breakfast. Donut Hole.

Down the road a bit into Panama City there's a place called Dusty's Oyster Bar (kid friendly). Great little place, not too pricey, awesome food. Go at an off time though if you can or expect to wait!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrick_ET View Post
      Crab Island. You can rent a pontoon boat for the day and spend it out there. I have to go over that way a couple times a year for work and the wife and I want to do this, just need the girls to get a little older first. However it really looks like fun to do.

For breakfast. Donut Hole.

Down the road a bit into Panama City there's a place called Dusty's Oyster Bar (kid friendly). Great little place, not too pricey, awesome food. Go at an off time though if you can or expect to wait!!
      thanks !

Comment

Yes crab island is a fun time. Kids will have a blast looking for hermit crabs

Comment

Louis Louis' is a great place to eat. We usually stay in the Blue Mountain Beach area to avoid the crowds. Seaside is a cool town to spend some time in. Lots of shops and places to eat there. It's off of 30A. Several places you can rent a pontoon from in Destin to cruise around the bay and hang out at Crab Island.

Comment

Pizza by the Sea was a good, kid family place.
            Basmati Asian Cuisine was really good, but not as kid friendly.

We just hung out on the beach mainly. Get one of those pop up canopies. They are extremely helpful.

Comment

Surf fishing there isn't anything like surf fishing here. You'll be lucky if you catch a lady fish. But, kayaking off the beach front, you can catch all kinds of fish. I went on a guided kayak fishing trip off the beach one day and we caught kings, snapper and a blackfin, within eyesight of the beach! This was in Navarre, just a little ways up the road. It was with Sails and Tails Charters.
              Last edited by panhandlehunter; 03-24-2017, 02:21 PM.

Comment

If you play golf, bring your clubs as there are a lot of nice courses in the surrounding area. Rates aren't too bad either.

We stayed out off 30A before and ended up going into Sandestin most often for activities. Destin also isn't much further down the road. There are some pretty nice outlet malls in Sandestin if you have ladies in the group.

As for dining out, most places are pretty run of the mill beach side places. Can't say we ate anywhere that was bad, but nothing amazing. With younger kids, Fudpuckers in Destin is a good place. Bring a sharpie marker to write with. Bayou Bills on 98 was pretty good too.

There are also tons of offshore charters that head out of the Destin harbor. Head down there early in the trip to sign up for one later in the week.

Or as someone else mentioned, rent a pontoon boat at the harbor and head over to crab island.

Oh there are plenty of grocery stores and a Super Walmart, so there's not a huge need to pack a ton of food in the car.
                Last edited by CaptainDave; 03-24-2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

My kids liked the pontoon boat trip to Crab Island. We also took a dolphin tour out of Destin. Kids loved it. Saw lots of dolphins and they let the kids take turns driving the boat. They serve free beer on the boat too so Dad liked it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    Surf fishing there isn't anything like surf fishing here. You'll be lucky if you catch a lady fish. But, kayaking off the beach front, you can catch all kinds of fish. I went on a guided kayak fishing trip off the beach one day and we caught kings, snapper and a blackfin, within eyesight of the beach! This was in Navarre, just a little ways up the road. It was with Sails and Tails Charters.

Cool. Think I'm hauling the yak with us. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stinkys fish cabin is right there in Santa Rosa, it's really good. That guy used to be a head chef at Commanders Palace in New Orleans. Seaside (where they filmed The Truman Show) is a few minutes down the road. You'll recognize the white fences. It's got good shopping and eateries. And lastly - just sit around and enjoy the beach, it's beautiful!

Comment

The surf fishing is not like here. Do take a kayak and there are lots of bluefish, smacks, and other out less than a mile from shore. Offshore lacks a lot in my opinion as well. But any day on the pond is a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                          If you play golf, bring your clubs as there are a lot of nice courses in the surrounding area. Rates aren't too bad either.

We stayed out off 30A before and ended up going into Sandestin most often for activities. Destin also isn't much further down the road. There are some pretty nice outlet malls in Sandestin if you have ladies in the group.

As for dining out, most places are pretty run of the mill beach side places. Can't say we ate anywhere that was bad, but nothing amazing. With younger kids, Fudpuckers in Destin is a good place. Bring a sharpie marker to write with. Bayou Bills on 98 was pretty good too.

There are also tons of offshore charters that head out of the Destin harbor. Head down there early in the trip to sign up for one later in the week.

Or as someone else mentioned, rent a pontoon boat at the harbor and head over to crab island.

Oh there are plenty of grocery stores and a Super Walmart, so there's not a huge need to pack a ton of food in the car.

+1 on Bayou Bills and Fuddpuckers. As mentioned, sandestin has some awesome courses, and several eateries as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X