Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookin good man, it's time for a big one to go down

Comment

Great pics. I hope you catch the rain today.

Comment

Got about a half inch yesterday and right now its pouring there. Should get at least an inch more...hopefully several. Thank you Lord.

Comment

Got another 5 inches last night. Hopefully it didn't wash the seeds away but I think they should be good in the thatch.

Comment

Finally you planted, so it can start raining. I think my plots have received at least 3 inches of rain in the last 7 days. Can't wait to see how they are doing.

I bet your seeds are more secure than most since you broadcast into the standing rye and have a thatch cover. I figure you have stubble everywhere to hold them in place.

Due to the heat, the cereal Rye is not going to sprout back at all, or not till winter?

Comment

Originally posted by jkelbe View Post
              Finally you planted, so it can start raining. I think my plots have received at least 3 inches of rain in the last 7 days. Can't wait to see how they are doing.

I bet your seeds are more secure than most since you broadcast into the standing rye and have a thatch cover. I figure you have stubble everywhere to hold them in place.

Due to the heat, the cereal Rye is not going to sprout back at all, or not till winter?
              LOL...yep I caused a poop floater because I planted.

The Rye is a cool season annual so once it heats up it is toast and won't come back. However it had a seed head so it may come up volunteer this fall on its own.

Comment

This may sound dumb, but I'll ask anyways...

The oats we planted last fall are literally over waist high and seeded, if we shred them will any of that come back in the fall?

Comment

Looking good, I hope you get all the rain you need

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                    This may sound dumb, but I'll ask anyways...

The oats we planted last fall are literally over waist high and seeded, if we shred them will any of that come back in the fall?
                    I have had some oats come up volunteer in the fall that way ETM. It may not be a very good seeding rate but I bet you will get some that some up. I wouldn't bank on it being a whole field solid full of oats though.

Comment

They are finally starting to split.

Comment

Your thread is an inspiration. One day I hope to do the same.

Comment

Looking Good Steve! Can't wait till I get a tractor,so I can try some of the food plot planting out. Having to do small stuff for now with less than perfect ways. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_25 View Post
                            Your thread is an inspiration. One day I hope to do the same.
                            Thank you sir.

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            Looking Good Steve! Can't wait till I get a tractor,so I can try some of the food plot planting out. Having to do small stuff for now with less than perfect ways. LOL!
                            You know its kind of funny David. I love having a tractor...but it seems like I'm trying more ways than ever of planting without it....lol.

I do enjoy tractor time immensely....zoning out and de-stressing from work feels like a vacation. Hope you get a tractor soon....you will love it.

Comment

Hey fish. In the qdma store they have a book and dvd called ultimate deer food plots by Ed Spinazzola. I watched the dvd and it was pretty informative.

Comment

I do enjoy tractor time immensely....zoning out and de-stressing from work feels like a vacation. Hope you get a tractor soon....you will love it.

Same here I just hog proofed a small plot to watch the results!

Big pig

Comment

Working...
                                X