Riddle me this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riddle me this

Why do some people feel the need to turn on thier emergency flashers/ hazard lights when it rains? I can understand if they are on side of the road or going really slow in right lane but allot of them are running the speed limit. We all see the rain and all the flashing lights do is cause issues for others or at least it kind of blinds me.

People complain about it but not sure what it hurts. It’s not blinding or anything worse than headlights.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      People complain about it but not sure what it hurts. It’s not blinding or anything worse than headlights.
      It is to me, head lights are constant white light not flashing red lights

Comment

There’s a reason for hazard lights, driving in the rain at or slightly under the speed limit isn’t a time to use them.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
          It is to me, head lights are constant white light not flashing red lights

Pretty sure you can’t have flashing red lights on your non emergency vehicle can you?

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
            Pretty sure you can’t have flashing red lights on your non emergency vehicle can you?
            Not on the front

Comment

People complain about this any time there is a significant rain. Not exactly sure what the issue is. They are called hazard lights. The folks with them flashing are letting others know that they themselves are a hazard or there is a hazard nearby. Just trying to catch the attention of the idiots with their faces stuffed in their phones while operating a vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                People complain about this any time there is a significant rain. Not exactly sure what the issue is. They are called hazard lights. The folks with them flashing are letting others know that they themselves are a hazard or there is a hazard nearby. Just trying to catch the attention of the idiots with their faces stuffed in their phones while operating a vehicle.
                We're all driving down the same road with the same rain, I think we all know it's raining. I doubt anyone is staring sy thier phone driving in this tropical storm.

Comment

1st world problems

Comment

They're letting everyone else know an idiot is behind the wheel. Probably the same ones I drive up on running emergency in the fire truck that put their flashers on and slow down to move to the left

Comment

the flashers don't bother me as much as them running in the left lane doing 35 mph.

Comment

Ever try to signal with your hazards on at the same time? That's why they are for road side use only...

Comment

I have used my hazards a few times in really strong rain or bad fog in my Peterbilt, most folks do not have a clue on how to drive on water covered roads or dense fog. As long as they can go fast and text, they have no clue of their surroundings.

I would rather them see my flashers than to run up underneath me. Run up underneath my truck and the frame will rip the top off your car and your body.

That said I have used them in real bad fog in my pick up as well. Maybe I am an idiot, but I dont want to hurt someone in a wreck either.

Comment

I believe it is illegal to run your flashers unless you are going below a certain speed.

Comment

I guess I’m old. I run my flashers in a hard rain. I want that stupid donkey that thinks he can remain at the posted speed or faster and not run up on me. I’m in no hurry.

Comment

Working...
                              X