Self Cleaning Water Heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Cleaning Water Heater

It looks like its time for a new water heater at my house. It has started tripping the breaker almost weekly and is not functioning correctly. I have tried draining it but cannot get the tank drained after several hours of draining. The heater is only two years old but I think is full of scale. I have added a water softener and sediment filter at my well which has seemed to help the calcium build up thru out the house. Question is, are self cleaning heaters worth the added cost? Will the sediment from the heater be sent to the house hot water lines and plug faucets? I think maybe getting a regular heater and installing a full port ball valve on the drain and draining every 6 months might help the problem. Any thoughts? Thanks

This is what I did on my water heater. I had to get it drained first and then vacuum it out with my shop vac. This video shows you what you need to replace it with.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBPJYg0o_o0&t=9s"]How To Replace a Hot Water Heater Drain Valve - YouTube[/ame]

Attached Files

Comment

Have you thought about a tankless hot water heater?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X