Is it too late to trim crape myrtles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some plants that I wanted to trim back and they already have some new growth. Is it too late to trim them? Just wondering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im not an expert but i've seen several landscaping companies trimming them in within the last week

Comment

Doing you some “Crape Murder” huh....

Comment

They're impossible to kill, cut them off level with the ground anytime of the year and they'll be back next year.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
          I have some plants that I wanted to trim back and they already have some new growth. Is it too late to trim them? Just wondering

You paint with to broad of a brush sir. Depends on the plant.

Comment

Heck I cut them anytime of year. They grow like weeds

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
              You paint with to broad of a brush sir. Depends on the plant.
              Title says Crepe Myrtles.

Comment

Well, guess I’m trimming them. Don’t want to harm them, but, oh well. I have one that’s next to the house that’s about 25’ tall. I’m thinking it needs to just go. The other two are small and need pruning.

Comment

Do with them as you please, you can’t kill a weed.

Comment

Pretty sure it is too late for anything with the ones we have. They look dead from the freeze.

Not a big loss

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                      They're impossible to kill, cut them off level with the ground anytime of the year and they'll be back next year.

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                      Heck I cut them anytime of year. They grow like weeds

I'm in this boat in that I've trimmed Crepe Myrtles all freaking year before and never had them die. I've seen them whacked all to shat (above crepe murder reference) and survive [emoji23]
                      That being said, that earlier Armageddon freeze we had was a unique situation so I can't claim this year would be the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                        Well, guess I’m trimming them. Don’t want to harm them, but, oh well. I have one that’s next to the house that’s about 25’ tall. I’m thinking it needs to just go. The other two are small and need pruning.

Same thing we had when we moved in. Got tired of trimming it away for the house each and every year. Yanked that thing out of the ground using chain and my truck, planted a dwarf variety that only gets 6’ tall max. No more trimming for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
                          Same thing we had when we moved in. Got tired of trimming it away for the house each and every year. Yanked that thing out of the ground using chain and my truck, planted a dwarf variety that only gets 6’ tall max. No more trimming for me!

I’m sure it took the truck to get it out of its anything like mine lol

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
                            I was just about to comment to the OP that you could probably yank out the entire root ball with a chain and the thing will still be 6’ tall by next year!

Comment

They’re virtually indestructible. Have at it!

Comment

Working...
                              X