Rolling blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ours went out at 5 AM.
    Last edited by sp-bow; 02-15-2021, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Still on here in huntsville. Hope it keeps running because our central heat is dead. Few space heaters is all we have and I’m grateful for that.
      Pray this storm pushes on through without anymore issues for anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hobby Airport is down. Generator is running...............

Comment

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post
          Ours went out at 5 AM.
          X2

Comment

10 hours now is Spring Branch Bulverde. Getting cold inside. Just have the gas fireplace in the living room. We all bundled up on couch. So much for keeping the pool running and from freezing. That’s gonna be some expensive repairs I’m sure.

Comment

And we’re on! You don’t know just how much of a candy *** you are until the power goes out in the cold. I ordered a spare generator already. Not taking that chance again. I WILL have a 220 hook up on the well after this.

Comment

Yeah this is not good. Today will be a long day. We are 10 hours into our outage. 53° in my bedroom right now.

We have wood burning fireplace but not a ton of wood.
                Last edited by Casey; 02-15-2021, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Electric been out here for a little while. Thankfully, I have NG at the present.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                    This kind of stuff aggrevates me....shows how screwed we all are if something bad really happens. Over the past year there have been signs after signs of when things are needed the most, that's when you can depend on them the least.

It just seems that we could be past the point of not being able to handle a few days of cold weather, especially when other parts of the country can handle it for months at a time every year.
                    Agreed. They know we get near max capacity during the summer. I have gotten notices warning of possible blackouts the last few summers. This is no surprise.

The population is growing quickly, get to building plants!

Comment

Power has been out just north of katy since 3 am. Was on and off from 1-3 am to the point once our heater purged, it would fire up for 5 min, and power was back out. Centerpoint site is nearly completely down, and something tells me way more than 95k are without power in houston.

I picked up another extension cord at 4 this morning from our camper that's parked 15 min away. No power the whole way.

Comment

Powers been out since Thursday, wish it was rolling blackouts here lol.

Comment

Power out in Port Isabel since 3am. Hasn't bee this cold here since the 80s.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                            Just hear that they may do rolling blackouts for 30 min to 60 min around the state starting tonight through Tuesday.

Evidently the wind turbines have froze up and can't add to our capacity.
                            Ghost Goblin was right

No power in The Woodlands
                            We should have went to our land after all
                            At least we have non electric forms of heat up there
                            Last edited by texansfan; 02-15-2021, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Is there a list of when and where for the rolling outages? I couldn’t find anything on the ERCOT site.

Comment

Our Hound Heater Deluxe safely keeps your dog's house at a thermostatically-controlled temperature. These dog house heaters are safe and long lasting.

Get yo doghouse heater here

Comment

Working...
                                X