Opening day all day sits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening day all day sits

Is anyone planning to sit all day next Saturday? I have a variety of bucks coming in a variety of times. No real pattern except a few that are in every evening. So I’m still thinking about an all day sit.

If it’s cool enough, yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I won't be hunting on opening weekend but usually for me, earlier in the season I don't do all day. I have hard enough time doing it when it is cool in November, much less warm/hot in October.

Comment

I will not

Comment

Not planning on it but we will see what happens.

Comment

My shooter beds in the area I will be setup in. He goes by the camera/hand corn at 7-8:30am, 10-11am and 1-2pm. He has been by in the evening 1-2 times in the last month. If I don't have him down I plan to sit until 12-1pm and hunt a different trail that evening that he occasionally comes through 30 minutes before dark. I do plan to be in the tree around 5-5:30 that morning to let things quiet down.

Based on the forecast I took Mon and Tues off for a 4 day hunt wknd.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
              Is anyone planning to sit all day next Saturday? I have a variety of bucks coming in a variety of times. No real pattern except a few that are in every evening. So I’m still thinking about an all day sit.
              Very,very few deer have been killed by a hunter from his camp. If you aren't out hunting you might as allstate home and watch football or whatever. If you are going hunting ,get your tail out where the deer are and wait....sooner or later one will come. If you are there,you will have a shot. If you aren't there,,, oh well......

Comment

No

Comment

Not planning on it. I usually sit till 11 or 12.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

No. There's breakfasts/lunches to eat and naps to take. Now....during the rut, that's a whole different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
                      Very,very few deer have been killed by a hunter from his camp. If you aren't out hunting you might as allstate home and watch football or whatever. If you are going hunting ,get your tail out where the deer are and wait....sooner or later one will come. If you are there,you will have a shot. If you aren't there,,, oh well......
                      Can't say I agree with this. I'm not a big fan of really long sits, unless the deer are moving. I'll do it during the rut down south, but I'm not just going to sit in the stand all day long and cross my fingers. There are situations where it makes sense based off what your TC tells you, but if you don't have a good reason to sit all day I'd avoid it. Its really hard not to get bored, restless, hungry, hot, or have to go to the bathroom on a long sit. The more moving around and making noise you make in the stand the more likely to blow a deer out of there. I get in quietly, sit quietly, and once things calm down and it starts getting hot slip out and piddle at camp until that afternoon.

Comment

Hunt for an hour or so in the mornings and thats it.
                        Too hot for me and I know I can find them later in the year when its cooler.

Comment

I cant do an all day sit in the tree. Couple of hours max. Deer blind is different, I can stay in there all day and night. Have a grill, fans, etc with comfy chairs.

Comment

Not gonna do it

Comment

I'll sit all day if I have to. Fortunately, given the patterns, I should be in the blind about an hour before sunrise and out of it by 9:45 am at the latest.

Comment

Working...
                              X