bowfishing lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bowfishing lights?

What watt and lumens do you run on your rig? Is 3 1500 lumen LED lights enough?

Imo 3 fixtures of ANY LUMENS is not enough. You need a lot of lights, because the more lights you have the less shadows and dark spots you have. It's like putting one lightbulb in your garage versus a bunch of bulbs spread out. You get a more even distribution of light with more lights.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
      Imo 3 fixtures of ANY LUMENS is not enough. You need a lot of lights, because the more lights you have the less shadows and dark spots you have. It's like putting one lightbulb in your garage versus a bunch of bulbs spread out. You get a more even distribution of light with more lights.
      How many then? What do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
        How many then? What do you use?
        Paging @OldBaldGuy to the white courtesy phone.

Comment

I only have 2 30” lights bars on the front of my boat currently. And they work fantastic. I run them multiple nights off a single deep cycle battery

I know some people like their lights to wrap around the sides a little more than my setup. The problem I have had with LEDs is the glare, the warmer the color you go with, the better off you will be. 6K lights bars have a bit of shine to them... just my personal experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I run 12 100w satellites. That about 6 to many in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
              I only have 2 30” lights bars on the front of my boat currently. And they work fantastic. I run them multiple nights off a single deep cycle battery

I know some people like their lights to wrap around the sides a little more than my setup. The problem I have had with LEDs is the glare, the warmer the color you go with, the better off you will be. 6K lights bars have a bit of shine to them... just my personal experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              This is what I'm trying to accomplish. Not having a loud generator.
              I was told to use lower lumen LED's so it would not clare as bad?
              Last edited by coop2564; 07-23-2018, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Night crew have any advice?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Get yellow lens or put yellow lens tape over them. It helps alot

Comment

I run 6 500 watt LPS fixtures. Eventually I need to change mine to digital ballast. I need to reduce weight in the front of my boat bad. My gripe with led is the color you need a natural orangish yellow light to work the best.

Comment

Ttt

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had 10 maybe 6" square 48 watt 12 volt leds on my boat for a while worked pretty good ran them up to about 4 hours on 2 batteries never ran out of juice.got them off ebay for like 150$ for all 10.
                        As long as you don't go on a boat with some real lights you'll be happy LOL !

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                          I had 10 maybe 6" square 48 watt 12 volt leds on my boat for a while worked pretty good ran them up to about 4 hours on 2 batteries never ran out of juice.got them off ebay for like 150$ for all 10.
                          As long as you don't go on a boat with some real lights you'll be happy LOL !
                          I see your point lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X