Matamoros How safe is it for a Anglo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matamoros How safe is it for a Anglo

Planning on doing some white Wing hunting over Labor Day in Brownsville area.
    How safe is it now a days to cross and go to the Market area, or is it still their. Used to be a nice restaurant when you crossed on the left that was a good safe place to eat.

No Nono no and No!!!

Comment

People tend to die of lead poisoning over there; its not so much the water that you need to be concerned about.

Comment

Are you serious?

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
          Planning on doing some white Wing hunting over Labor Day in Brownsville area.
          How safe is it now a days to cross and go to the Market area, or is it still their. Used to be a nice restaurant when you crossed on the left that was a good safe place to eat.
          Depends on who the gringo knows.

We used to go to the Drive In down there in the 80s and never have any concerns. Then Mark Kilroy was cut into small pieces. Truth be told, much safer back then compared to now. I say stay clear. You can buy everything you want on this side of the border (sans prescriptions etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by parkchief100 View Post
            No Nono no and No!!!
            X2

Comment

The fact your asking the question in first place should give ya the answer ....

Comment

Remember now drugs are legal there and crimes are being swept under the rug as per their newly elected president. I believe a reduction of presence by the Mexican Marines was another promise made.

Comment

I live 2 hours from the border and have never been to Mexico in my life. Nothing there you can't get here. It's not as bad as it was a few years ago but i still wouldn't chance it.

Comment

There are cartel gunfights regularly. I dont go there and i live close. If you go, go with a large group and stay away from backroads. Dont drive, walk across instead.

Comment

If you gotta cross, then the only place to consider is Nuevo Progresso...much safer to take a little drive to the mid-valley and then head sotb on foot.

Personally, my days are done over there.

Comment

For ME it's pretty safe. But I cross all borders. Even at the height of it. Never had any trouble. I'm sure it's there if you are looking for it though.

Comment

Went down to matamoras with girlfriend at the time probably 10 years. Was drinking a corona in some bar when I got that “feeling”.
                          Noticed to many people were paying attention to us. She was a looker. I told her to put her beer down it was time to go. Had to argue with her about it. Finally drug her out of there and 4 men fallowed us back to the border at brisk pace. Haven’t been back it just ain’t worth it. Sux to cause I really enjoyed aqunia the couple times I got to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Perfectly safe.....30 years ago. No reason to bother

Comment

You're probably talking about Garcia's and that's not there anymore. Don't bother with matamoros. I was born and raised in Brownsville (live in Harlingen now) and grew up going to matamoros on a weekly basis. Haven't been in probably 10 years now or so.

If you really want to go to Mexico, go to Progreso. It's a little drive from Brownsville, but definitely safe as we frequent it quite often.

Edit: it shows online that Garcia's is indeed open. But still, go to Progreso.
                              Last edited by BigRed323; 07-08-2018, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X