Calling all IT gurus please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marion View Post
    50' HDMI cables are probably directional. Look at each end of the cable and see if it's labeled source and TV. If so it matters which way they are plugged in.
    K so I so thought you were trying to sell me pea gravel for my spin feeder until I found this.

Note that HDMI® Cables with RedMere® are directional. One end must be connected to the source device (e.g., blu-ray player) and the other end to the sink/display (e.g., HDTV). Hooking them up backwards will not damage anything, they just won't transmit a signal. Also note that these cables are fully compatible with switches, splitters, matrix devices, etc. They can be used in any application in which a normal HDMI® cable can be used and many applications where HDMI® extenders would otherwise be required!

Comment

I do this stuff for a living and have used the HDMI cables with redmere technology for many years. HDMI on its on will only go about 15 to 20 feet depending on the quality of the cable. You can get extenders that will put an HDMI signal over CAT5/6 and they will extend the signal about 180' depending on the type of converter. Good luck tomorrow. I'll shoot you a PM with my number, call me tomorrow if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Marion View Post
        I do this stuff for a living and have used the HDMI cables with redmere technology for many years. HDMI on its on will only go about 15 to 20 feet depending on the quality of the cable. You can get extenders that will put an HDMI signal over CAT5/6 and they will extend the signal about 180' depending on the type of converter. Good luck tomorrow. I'll shoot you a PM with my number, call me tomorrow if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help you out.
        Thank you, if the new cables don’t work I will be calling.

Comment

Well I’ll be dam both cables are backwards
          Attached Files

Comment

TBH is great, so much knowledge and folks willing to help out! Now hope that scissor lift is still near by...Good luck!

Comment

Flipped cables around everything works yea! I get to keep my job lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                I'm glad to see it was something simple and you get to keep your job. By the way I've been known to throw some BS around but never pea gravel.

Comment

Awesome and you didn't even have to sweat it out all weekend. Go drink a cold beer

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    Awesome and you didn't even have to sweat it out all weekend. Go drink a cold beer
                    Whiskey this past week needed whiskey!

Comment

This was a great end to this thread

Comment

Just read through this thread. I remember the first directional HDMIs I ever pulled, did the exact same thing. Did it in a new construction home though, and nobody realized it, until months later when we went back to install the system.
                        Almost a 7k screw up by the time we cut sheetrock, etc...to rerun them.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                          Just read through this thread. I remember the first directional HDMIs I ever pulled, did the exact same thing. Did it in a new construction home though, and nobody realized it, until months later when we went back to install the system.
                          Almost a 7k screw up by the time we cut sheetrock, etc...to rerun them.
                          had a similar experience with them..although not as costly.. i was able to pull and reverse and re-pull them luckily... and yes.. they were labeled ..but who reads that ****?

Comment

Working...
                          X