Feed Options for Corn/Protein Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feed Options for Corn/Protein Feeder

This year Ill be on a lease where I have the opportunity to feed both and my lease partner is encouraging it. He runs a trough with a corn/pellet protein approach. I cant afford 2 different feeders so I am going with a dual use thrower.

What would you be using besides corn in that type of feeder (Spreader not trough) for the tough and potentially dry upcoming months? Anything or just throw corn?

Thanks

Sierracharlie out...

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
    This year Ill be on a lease where I have the opportunity to feed both and my lease partner is encouraging it. He runs a trough with a corn/pellet protein approach. I cant afford 2 different feeders so I am going with a dual use thrower.

What would you be using besides corn in that type of feeder (Spreader not trough) for the tough and potentially dry upcoming months? Anything or just throw corn?

Thanks

Sierracharlie out...
    Roasted soybeans and corn are a good attractant, while also giving a little bit more to your deer than just corn.

Comment

Where would one locate those? Any feed store?

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
        Where would one locate those? Any feed store?
        Where you hunting? There’s a place just north of Leggett off 59 that has the corn / roasted soybean mix in bags. There’s another place in Waller.

Comment

Ya most feed stores have them or can get ahold of them if you let them know it’s what you want. The place in Waller is def the cheapest one I have found

Comment

Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
            Where you hunting? There’s a place just north of Leggett off 59 that has the corn / roasted soybean mix in bags. There’s another place in Waller.

Junction. But don’t mind hauling it

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
            X