.22 mag suggestions/reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.22 mag suggestions/reviews

I am looking to buy a .22 mag but Reviews are kinda all over the place. Don’t care to break the bank on one but out of the box accuracy and reliability will ultimately determine what I spend. Any reviews/preferences on rifles(preferably bolt action). Thank y’all for any info/experience you guys can give me.

CZ is going to be hard to beat price reliability and accuracy wise.

Comment

In the same boat plan to pick up a ruger American ranch or something once available again. Hard to find any right now

Comment

I second CZ mainly becuase ive had nothing but great luck with their rifles.

However my old man's go to run around the lease rifle is an old marlin bolt action and it's done everything he's ever needed it too.

Comment

I'm kinda looking myself. The only 22 magnums that I own are handguns, but I have collected a lot of ammo including shotshell in this cartridge. I'd like to have a bolt gun with a threaded barrel I think, but I haven't researched to see what's out there.

Comment

I bought a Ruger American stainless that has a threaded barrel. I’ve been extremely happy with it for the price and quality. Also a CZ fan.

Comment

Cheap and good are 2 words that rarely go together in 22 Mag world. I have 5 of them but my favorite is my HK300 but it cost 1400$. They are all alot of fun though and are cheap to feed. At least they were when I bought my stockpile. Check out the Steyr Zephyr those are some nice WMR bolt guns.

Comment

Marlin is a good place to start also

Comment

winchester 9422 mag, I love mine. I have a couple of semi autos but always shoot the 9422

Comment

This is what I have and it's awesome. https://ruger.com/products/americanR...eets/8349.html

Comment

I bought the Savage in 22 Mag and it was cheap and accurate. I ended up getting another in 17 HMR. I used the 17 to take a squirrel at 35 yards a little over a week ago. The 22 WMR does a number on coons.

Comment

I have an older Marlin bolt that has been super accurate forever. I recently bought a Ruger American with threaded barrel and really like it. Nice and compact and very accurate. I put a Leupold Freedom 3x9x40 on it.

Comment

The Savage or Marlin bolt guns are accurate, and won't break the bank.

Comment

I’d start with CZ at the top, Marlin after that, Ruger American after that.

Have a couple Savages, and they are accurate, however the magazine’s constantly have issues. Feed lip issues that can be fixed with a rubber hammer.

Comment

I have a Marlin 883SS that I don’t think I paid more than about $300 for brand new. I won’t win any shooting matches with it but once I figured out what ammo it likes it is plenty accurate for plinking and varmint killing

Comment

Working...
                              X