No announcement yet.

Arizona petition to ban cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly I don’t care what they do on public land. I’ve bow hunted public land in Texas, been successful on multiple occasions and never used a camera. If the data supports that a ban helps to offset pressure I don’t really have an issue with it, seems like a proactive step to management. We all know there is lots more pressure out there today than even ten years ago going after the same resources. Besides sometimes I think we’ve got a little too comfortable with all our gadgets in the Bush. Should be an interesting discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
      Honestly I don’t care what they do on public land. I’ve bow hunted public land in Texas, been successful on multiple occasions and never used a camera. If the data supports that a ban helps to offset pressure I don’t really have an issue with it, seems like a proactive step to management. We all know there is lots more pressure out there today than even ten years ago going after the same resources. Besides sometimes I think we’ve got a little too comfortable with all our gadgets in the Bush. Should be an interesting discussion.

I think last time this topic came up here the proposed ban was on public and private land

Comment

Originally posted by tlh2865 View Post
        I think last time this topic came up here the proposed ban was on public and private land

Wasn’t sure about that. Like I said Public I don’t have a dog in the fight; however, private land is a totally different discussion. When it comes to running cameras on privately owned land then they must definitely **** off.

Comment

after they get our trail cameras .......the Fish finders are Next... rangefinder rifle scopes...lighted archery bowsights... Gps......... etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by svbubba View Post
            after they get our trail cameras .......the Fish finders are Next... rangefinder rifle scopes...lighted archery bowsights... Gps......... etc.....
            Bottle neck cartridges are outlawed in some states and crossbows are not allowed everywhere either. Restrictions are there already.
            The article says most of the emails were from hunters who "favor" the trail cam ban. OK. Technology has made our hunts quite better. No denying that.
            But how far is technology use acceptable in hunts that are becoming easier and easier?
            Do we use whatever it takes to get/keep people hunting? I don't know.

Comment

They are security cameras.

Comment

It’s for both public and private land, however interesting that it was initiated and is supported by hunters:
                “Davis said the commission has already received about 600 comments, most of them from hunters who favor the ban.

The commission in 2018 banned live cameras with transmitters, but it is now considering the broader ban because it received a petition signed by over 200 hunters calling for a total ban on all trail cameras in hunting areas.”

Sounds like it’s out of control with “some watering holes having 30-40 cameras on them.”

Comment

I can see why it can be an issue. I don't use them out west on public land. If a water hole has sign around it, I will sit on it. It's kind of fun not knowing what might step out. It would just force more glass time and more time hunting on those individuals

Comment

If you read the regs on your favorite public spot aren't cams banned already? Maybe listed under "abandoned property".

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
                      I can see why it can be an issue. I don't use them out west on public land. If a water hole has sign around it, I will sit on it. It's kind of fun not knowing what might step out. It would just force more glass time and more time hunting on those individuals
                      This!

Comment

I like the idea on public land.

Comment

I don't believe hunters are against trail cameras. Sounds like a fake voting poll.
                          Tell me why a hunter would be in favor of banning the use of trail cameras? How in the world would it be enforced?

Comment

i live here .....it is not the hunters .....

Comment

Sorry but some hunters do favor the ban. Cell cams especially should be banned, get out and look for yourself don't rely on a camera to do it for you.
                              Enforcement would be folks removing the cameras if found, like the abandoned property mentioned above.
                              Private property is another story.

Comment

Working...
                              X