No announcement yet.

Taxidermy problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to find out if he is still in business. Maybe a TBHer in that area can do some investigating then you can make the drive if he is still operating so you can talk to him face to face.

Comment

I am so soft. I will private message his name. Hell i went through a killer last year it happens. keep the money i want my hides and horns.

Comment

Post the name so others aren't screwed! Even if he does come through nobody should have to go through this! Bad business and others need to know who to stay away from!

Comment

Ok that make sense. I don't know this guy personally other than idle chit chat.

Devine Taxidermy
          Tommy Devine

May be a great guy but bad businessman.

Comment

Originally posted by dsb6446 View Post

Devine Taxidermy
            Tommy Devine

Little late but was scammed by him too..
            dropped a deer off in 2015.. never got it back

Comment

You guys think taxidermist are bad.... you should hear about some of the taxidermists customers!!! Sorry, could not help myself.
              I do hate hearing about these stories, but I would think there would be a long list of bad dealings with all types of service companies, repair guys, mechanics, remodelers, roofers, painters, window guys and so on.
              We should always do our Due Diligence when it comes to hiring someone's service. I would also recommend that you never pay in advance, other than a moderate deposit.
              I hope for you, and all others, the best on this situation.

Comment

Idk

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                  So he had your sons deer for over a year with no timeframe for having it done after paying in full so then you sent him a gemsbok?
                  My thoughts as well

Comment

I talked to a guy I know that is a full time taxidermist about this very issue the other day. The biggest problem is a lack of business sense. Too many of these guys get the money whether it be in full or a deposit and don't set enough aside to pay for tanning, forms, etc, before spending it all. Then they are dependent on new work coming in with new deposit money to pay for the work they already promised the original customer. He said the hardest part for new guys starting out in that business is to be disciplined enough to not spend the deer season money the week it starts coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack S. View Post
                      Little late but was scammed by him too..
                      dropped a deer off in 2015.. never got it back
                      I think I just read your google review

Comment

Man, good luck to you.

I do about 50 euros a year. I have never and will never take a deposit or advanced payment. And I've only gotten stuck with one head. I'm happy to have it!

Comment

Menard, tx. I know, I know. I will give anyone the a chance and he seemed sincere.
                          Wherein Menard. That is where I hunt too and going this weekend. I can make a visit or get you any help I can. Pm me if you want. Or text me at 8327296795

Comment

Devine Taxidermy
                            Tommy Devine

They are still in business but have moved locations to where the mechanic shop used to be. I can help you out by getting your stuff. Sorry to hear this but glad I now know

Comment

Industry?

Originally posted by TWarren View Post
                              Why does this seem to be so prevalent among the taxidermy industry?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                              THIS? Right here in Temple, Belton, Troy, Riesel, Georgetown, Killeen, I can remember a dozen or so taxidermists that went out of business, disappeared, took the customers stuff, freezer broke, house and shed they were working out of burned down, took in too many deer, the list goes on.

I am in no way bashing any reputable Taxidermist. Just saying I don't remember that many of any other business that have jacked that many people I know?!?!

Wonder Why?

Comment

I took my nephews first deer to the gentleman in question. He shot the deer in December of 15 and was quoted 9-11 months. The next December came and went then called once a month with the excuse after excuse with same being used twice.

Finally in August of 2016 we tracked him down. He wasn't at the meat locker but down the road and told him we just wanted the horns back and to be done with it and we where not leaving until we got them. He acted real put out and we drove to the meat locker where he produced the deer fully mounted. Didn't and doesn't make a lot of sense but oh well it is done.

We have used Goodson for 3 or 4 deer and he did a heck of a job. He is set up in the back of the feed store there in Menard.

Comment

Working...
                                X