Who Hunts in Oklahoma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Hunts in Oklahoma?

What are your thoughts about OK hunting?
    Any feedback would be appreciated.

I have for the last 6 years and wouldn't change it for the world. The link below can explain better than I can.

Comment

I grew up there and have been on my NW OK lease for 15 years now. I only rifle hunt up there. I kick myself every year for not getting my lifetime license when I lived there. Non-resident license of $280+ adds up over the years.

Comment

I do. The hunting is great. I don’t have any interest in getting a deer lease in Texas again as long as I can keep hunting Oklahoma.

Comment

OK Hunting

I have a small place in Johnston Co. I love it. Property taxes are ridiculously cheap! We hunt hogs there. No hunting license required for wild hogs on private property in OK. So far, I've been too cheap to pay the $280+ to hunt deer there, so we still get our venison in TX.

Comment

SE OK in La Flore County

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a place last year in Oklahoma. Great place to hunt. Have no interest to hunt anywhere else.

Comment

I've been shootin holes in stuff in Oklahoma all my life. It's awesome.

Comment

Yup. Hunt in Johnston/Atoka area

Comment

I used to hunt there often; still hunt there some. I have always enjoyed it and it produces some really nice deer. Guess it comes down to how you like to hunt; if bow hunt only, then go for it. The season for rifle and muzzleloader is messed up and both are short from my memory.

Comment

Been hunting sw Oklahoma for the last 5 years it can grow some really big bucks if they can get the age only bad thing about Oklahoma is for the most part people up there don’t have very good game management and I’m pretty sure the locals don’t abide by the game laws but other than that it’s pretty good hunting with a decent population of deer ! If you can find a good place with good neighbors that do manage the potential for a true giant is there!

Comment

I have been for 10 years. Their short gun season made me become a bow hunter, which was awesome. Only bad thing for my kids has been that you can't just take off rabbit and squirrel hunting whenever you want. They have stinkin seasons for those.

Comment

Anyone hunting Southwest area, Greer county?

Comment

I also hunt in Oklahoma, Have been for 10 years now there is some nice deer to be found.

Comment

Tillman County for about 6 years and Love County for the last 2. As a bowhunter, I love the short gun season. The deer don't get pressured as much as Texas, and stay more active during the daylight hours. License cost is a bit of a drag, but as a landowner the low property taxes make up for the Non-resident license cost.

The one thing I would caution.... if you're leasing or purchasing land, pay attention to how any roads border your property, and what can be seen from those roads...

Comment

Working...
                              X