CVA Hunter 308 Konas Package From Academy Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CVA Hunter 308 Konas Package From Academy Questions

I bought a CVA Hunter 308 with a Konus 3-9x40. Bought it for my Nephews and Nieces Christmas present. Does anyone have one of these? Anyone have any tips for it? This will be the cheapest rifle I've ever played with. If I can get 3 moa I'm gonna be happy. I'd like better though. Hints the reason I'm asking for tips to make it shoot good. Just bought it today. Giving it to them Christmas Day. I mounted the scope and it seemed SUPER chitty. I assume that's going to be the weakest link. Already looking at some other options to replace it. Any help would be appreciated before I even shoot it. Thanks!

I posted about this in Around the Campfire. Best $83 scope you will ever get. Free shipping, too.

Comment

I have the stainless Hunter in .35 Rem. with a Leupold scope. It shoots factory Hornady FTX at 1 MOA, handload FTX gets it to 0.8. Mine is light, balanced well and fit and finish is better than expected for the price. As you mentioned, the package scope could create problems. Shoot it first, it may surprise you.

Mr Sid

Comment

My son has the same setup in 7mm-08 and it shoots sub MOA with hand loads. Right at it with factory loads.

Comment

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My Daughter's CVA in 223 Will shoot a variety of Ammo up to 75 Gr within an 1.5" or less but Upgraded the Scope to a Bushnell Trophy XLT 3-9x40..

Comment

Guns ok but the scopes a piece of crap

Comment

My son started with the same rifle/scope in 223. He killed several deer with it. I too almost didn’t even mount the scope it looked so crappy out of the box. But I tried it and was surprised so left it. Sure it’s not a lr scope but held zero incredibly well for a cheapo and i wasn’t Letting him shoot over 100 yards anyway. I’d suspect the 308 in that rifle would buck a bit for a kid but his shot moa with Core lokts all day long.

Comment

Working...
                X