Only the Dead see the End of War.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only the Dead see the End of War.

I am watching this on HBO and my hands started sweating and I got the images of War and the smell of death stuck in my head. It's crazy how long things like those can stick with you. I'm remembering the dumbest little things while watching this.

I can smell burning tires and the foul stench of rotting animal carcasses.

Comment

I can't even begin to imagine what you have seen and experienced. Prayers for you the rest of your life and thanks from me and my family!

Comment

Matt I can't comprehend what that must be like. My brother says the same thing of what your describing . My grandfather , who jumped at Normady and finished the war fighting all the way. Always said certain smells, things etc... Brought it all back. Thank you Matt for your service .

Comment

Thanks to you and to all who served.

Comment

I have buddies who never came back. I have a good friend who has been 7 times and wounded twice. I hate war, yet I would rather be nowhere else when my partners are there with me.

Comment

My Dad received the purple heart in WWII. He was called a hero in the states back in the 1940's when he returned home. He always told me he was no hero. The boys buried over there were the hero's. Just his opinion.

Comment

Thanks and forever indebted to you and all who serve....

Comment

Prayers Up for You & THANKS for your Service.

Comment

My father is a Vietnam vet and my Grandfather a WWII vet. Both are purple heart recipients. There are many on here who have seen the evil face of War. Thank you my brothers for your sacrifice. We should have a TBH veteran get together. Of course, our law enforcement, firefighters, and EMT's know it too.

Comment

Don't watch it at night, record it and watch in the daytime, it helps.

Comment

The smell of death is one thing that is burned in your head forever. It never leaves

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
                          The smell of death is one thing that is burned in your head forever. It never leaves
                          Exactly what my Dad said about WWII. Never forget it.

Comment

I still get an eerie feeling anytime I see/hear rapid gunfire in urban areas. Not so much in movies but like the footage from the attack on the Dallas police HQ awhile back. Hearing those rounds pop off echoing down city streets... It's wild where it brings you mentally. It takes me right back. I get excited and miss it at the same time. Can't quite describe. I can do without the reminders of burning human. That is unpleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
                              I still get an eerie feeling anytime I see/hear rapid gunfire in urban areas. Not so much in movies but like the footage from the attack on the Dallas police HQ awhile back. Hearing those rounds pop off echoing down city streets... It's wild where it brings you mentally. It takes me right back. I get excited and miss it at the same time. Can't quite describe. I can do without the reminders of burning human. That is unpleasant.
                              Can't wait to have a beer with you again. Soon bro.

Comment

Working...
                              X