X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by wsteffen View Post
      Been coming to NY, the Adirondacks for 30 years. Been to the city once and that was enough.
      We summer up here now. We're on Lake Sacandaga. Been to the finger lakes many times. Used to go to the races at Watkins Glenn almost every year and of course the wineries.
      Enjoy your time.
      Awesome! Yeah, we hit The Glen every other year for races and we did the wineries till our son got a bit older. Used to check out Bully Hill. Thanks

Comment

Grew up in the Adirondacks near Cranberry Lake. Absolutely a great place for a boy to live. Hunting, fishing and trapping were the basis of life for me.
        The day after graduation I left and have only gone back a few times to visit but not since 2001.
        It's beautiful there for sure. Most folk there are like country folk anywhere. Friendly, conservative and self reliant.
        Winters are too cold there and I have been here so long this is home now.
        The fishing there is easier than here though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

That boy afraid to touch the fish !

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            Grew up in the Adirondacks near Cranberry Lake. Absolutely a great place for a boy to live. Hunting, fishing and trapping were the basis of life for me.
            The day after graduation I left and have only gone back a few times to visit but not since 2001.
            It's beautiful there for sure. Most folk there are like country folk anywhere. Friendly, conservative and self reliant.
            Winters are too cold there and I have been here so long this is home now.
            The fishing there is easier than here though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
            So true except now they have tons of fishing tournaments so it’s gotten pretty tough. The city seems to be the liberals and the entire rest of the state are conservatives

Comment

Way to put it on them buddy!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                That boy afraid to touch the fish !
                Strong possibility haaa
                Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                Way to put it on them buddy!

Sierracharlie out…
                Thanks man!

Comment

Busting out the old Color C Selector!. Haaa, any one have one these old gadgets?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 07-06-2018, 11:51 AM.

Comment

So you guys headed up to the North Country right after BR?? I went to school in the city (Kings Point), and if anyone that goes to New York and doesn't go "upstate", they haven't seen the real New York far as I'm concerned! That's one of the most beautiful states we have... just a dang shame the city gets all the publicity... Lots of good folks there... Never seen any place on earth where the contrast is greater between "city folk" and country folk!

Have fun but you get yoreseff back home for VBX!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      So you guys headed up to the North Country right after BR?? I went to school in the city (Kings Point), and if anyone that goes to New York and doesn't go "upstate", they haven't seen the real New York far as I'm concerned! That's one of the most beautiful states we have... just a dang shame the city gets all the publicity... Lots of good folks there... Never seen any place on earth where the contrast is greater between "city folk" and country folk!

Have fun but you get yoreseff back home for VBX!!
                      Pretty much nailed it 100%!
                      Had a blast with 2,200 high schoolers and now enjoying some 60 degree weather this morning. Taught or son how to drive the four wheeler by himself yesterday and spotted some turkey in the process. Hit the fireman's festival last night too. Really enjoy a little summer time up here each year. It's a nice break but back to it next week!!

Comment

Had a little bump in the vaca early in the week as you may have heard about the trooper who was killed. My childhood friend was his partner and in the door right behind him. Glad he's safe and praying for the family. Service is tomorrow

Comment

My wife grew up in Lansing, right on Keuga lake. She and my son just got back from spending a couple of weeks up there. Beautiful country, killed my first Eastern Turkey up there about 10 years ago.
                          Looks like you are having a great time.

Comment

Bass’n Success

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                            Busting out the old Color C Selector!. Haaa, any one have one these old gadgets?

Holy cow..... I haven’t seen one of those in 25+ years!! Flash from the past.

IIRC Bill Dance used to pimp those on his show.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Holy cow..... I haven’t seen one of those in 25+ years!! Flash from the past.

IIRC Bill Dance used to pimp those on his show.
                              Oh yeah!. Find it in the back shed and through a fresh battery in there.... Boom landed a nice pickerrel right after. Snake medicine I'm sure but Sam had a blast with it. I was a fishing gadget freak as a kid

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                                My wife grew up in Lansing, right on Keuga lake. She and my son just got back from spending a couple of weeks up there. Beautiful country, killed my first Eastern Turkey up there about 10 years ago.
                                Looks like you are having a great time.
                                Just 30 minutes up the road from here, small world!

Comment

Working...
                                X