Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)

Old 05-29-2018, 10:20 AM   #1
DFWPI
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jack/Young County
Default Scope Sight-In

Well, I found the beat way to sight-in my AR a couple of days ago! I bought a Vortex Crossfire II, slapped it on my AR and put the bubbles in the scope and gun to make sure all was plum.

Headed out to the deer lease and took five shots at a limb sticking out of the water. Granted it was about 200 yards, but wanted to see how close I was and make adjustments. Funny thing, hit the limb 4 of the 5 times.

Then aimed as a golf ball sized object at 50 yards and nailed it dead center. Think I might be good to go for now.

All of this and didnt even take the turrets off of a new scope. Now I should go play the lottery.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
DFWPI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-30-2018, 08:29 AM   #2
savin yours
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lampasas

Tighten er up and git after some swine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
savin yours is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-30-2018, 08:52 AM   #3
catslayer
Pope & Young

Your dead on for "standard" battle sight zero. Sight in at 50 verify at 200... i would shoot on paper myself to make sure only time that sight in it gets weird is if you have a shot at like 15 yards you will be hold over a lot more than you think... ive missed several rabbits close this way haha
catslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-30-2018, 11:54 PM   #4
DFWPI
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jack/Young County

[quote=catslayer;13401748]Your dead on for "standard" battle sight zero. Sight in at 50 verify at 200... i would shoot on paper myself to make sure only time that sight in it gets weird is if you have a shot at like 15 yards you will be hold over a lot more than you think... ive missed several rabbits close this way haha[/quote

Yeah I will get it done soon. Ive been known to sell a rifle is I can't hit a fly target at 100 yards. My partner several years ago told me I was dumb when i sold the gun. I said i only hit 8 of the 10 flies and that just wouldn't do for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
DFWPI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top