Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Rifle (thanks Cajun Blake and Mike D)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Rifle (thanks Cajun Blake and Mike D)

Went into Trinity Ordinance in Lake Worth the other day and this gun immediately caught my eye. Did my own research on it and then asked the TBH braintrust. I found out it was built in 1974 and couldn’t pass it up as I know the quality of the older Remington 700 ADL’s compared to the newer ones. It’s chambered in .243 and topped with a Leupold 3X9 (I think it’s a Vari X II). I figured on using it for deer, coyotes, hogs and my boys’ first hunting rifle. The metal is in really great shape and there’s no deep gouges in the wood, just some minor blemishes, I’d say it’s a solid 7/10, maybe slightly better. For a 44 year old rifle, it’s in excellent shape. I haven’t shot it yet between work and daddy time but I should get some range time here in the next 2 weeks. If it’s not where I think it should be, I’ll add a Jewel trigger and let APR glass and pillar bed it (already called and inquired about it) Thanks to CB and Mike D for their guidance and quick responses. Pics:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She’s purty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a nice one Daniel!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        That's a nice one Daniel!
        Thanks brother! Hope you’re doing well!

Comment

Dang that looks exactly like a gun I sold on here about 10 years ago. It was an absolute killer, best shooting gun I've owned.

Comment

Looks to be in real good condition. Congrats! I've got one just about like it just not as good of glass, it's topped with a Bushnel Trophy. Mine was a bday present in 1975. Good shooter for sure!

Comment

Awesome. I have a .243 and a 25-06 identical in my safe

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                Dang that looks exactly like a gun I sold on here about 10 years ago. It was an absolute killer, best shooting gun I've owned.
                I hope it’s the same one

Comment

That will look real good next to your Tikka 30-06.....oh wait.....

Comment

Gorgeous rifle brother

The older ADL’s will have pressed diamond checking and the BDL’s from same era will have pressed fluer de lis checkering.

Does it have 2 small set screws on rear right side of recvr ? If so that action can accommodate a Williams rear sight although most never use that feature
                    Last edited by Cajun Blake; 04-21-2018, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                      I hope it’s the same one
                      Lol, wouldn't surprise me. The scope and rings are identical too.

Comment

I've got one just like it! Was my first deer rifle.

Very versatile gun when hand loading for coyotes/bobcats and deer!

Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                          Gorgeous rifle brother

The older ADL’s will have pressed diamond checking and the BDL’s from same era will have pressed fluer de lis checkering.

Does it have 2 small set screws on rear right side of recvr ? If so that action can accommodate a Williams rear sight although most never use that feature
                          I don’t see them??

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          That will look real good next to your Tikka 30-06.....oh wait.....
                          always ONE **** talker. Lol

Comment

Working...
                          X