Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
    Sounds like you have it figured out.

I think I read that you are close to the water districts well. Are you uphill from the well location and at a "high point" in the main line? If so, and your neighbors are as well, the water district may need an air release valve placed in the high point of their main. Not only could it save your neighbors the expense of installing a double check but would also lower the operating expense on their system. Pumps don't like pushing water through air pockets.
    The well is on top of a hill, main line at the bottom. Also what I call a well house at the bottom. So is our meters. I have no idea what kind of system they have.
    All I know, I put in a double check valve and bill has gone down. Haven't even discussed it with the neighbors to see if their bill has changed.
    I just wonder if I can get Burnadel to go with me when I ask for a refund in difference for those 2 months the bill shot up.

Comment

Just offer him lunch and a bed for a nap after and he'll be on his way. Then all you gotta do is drag him down there before his nap. They'll be glad to give you a refund just to get him outa there.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
        I just wonder if I can get Burnadel to go with me when I ask for a refund in difference for those 2 months the bill shot up.
        Just mention the name, they've probably heard of him? He's legendary like Chuck Norris!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a thought. If the water company had a leak and after repairs, they pushed air through your meter, that could cause the spike. Air will spin the meter much faster than liquid.

Comment

Originally posted by poisonivie View Post
            Just a thought. If the water company had a leak and after repairs, they pushed air through your meter, that could cause the spike. Air will spin the meter much faster than liquid.
            Don't think it was air. Pretty sure water was being pushed thru my line, running the meter, then back flowing to the main line, since there was no check valves on my end nor the water company. When this all started, back in March or April, the meter would show water being used, but it was a on and off, on and off type thing and nobody at the house.

Comment

Next bill should be coming in another week or so.
              Water bill came in today. Down to $59 this month. Just talked to one of the neighbors and they haven't done anything to their line and her bill has gone back to normal the last 2 months. Looks like I will be making a visit to the water company's office come Monday. Looks like they owe us some money!!!

Comment

Good luck, hope hey are willing to settle up. Gonna be your word against theirs but maybe they will realize there was some kind of issue

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                  Good luck, hope hey are willing to settle up. Gonna be your word against theirs but maybe they will realize there was some kind of issue

Yep good luck. Fought the same thing with my electric co. Bill was 150 higher one month and we were actually even gone for a week. All I got was "yo metah was unda ret lass monf so day makin up fo it". Um no ma'am I have the reading and it was right. Well you can dispute it ifs you wants too. I did, never heard another word. 3 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go hat in hand before callin me to load up the pitchfork. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                      Yep!!! Went by the office and only made me madder. So, I went to the next water board meeting. Found out there that the board wouldn't discuss my issue since I was not on the agenda. I hung around till after the meeting and talked to the manager and president. They still can not explain what happen and still insist there is no problem on their end. So nothing will come about it. I'm thinking about calling TECQ and see if there is anything they will do. It's not the money issue, it's the principle. I have no leak when they said I did. I feel like they "doubled dipped" and that's just not right.

Comment

Yep!!! Went by the office and only made me madder. So, I went to the next water board meeting. Found out there that the board wouldn't discuss my issue since I was not on the agenda. I hung around till after the meeting and talked to the manager and president. They still can not explain what happen and still insist there is no problem on their end. So nothing will come about it. I'm thinking about calling TECQ and see if there is anything they will do. It's not the money issue, it's the principle. I have no leak when they said I did. I feel like they "doubled dipped" and that's just not right.
                        I told you. They over charged, they know it, they wont admit it and nothing will ever come of it.

Comment

update dang it?

Comment

Originally posted by pafdrn View Post
                            update dang it?
                            Nothing to update. Water bill is back to normal. Water company isn't going to make any adjustments. Now that I put in a double check valve, I told the manager at the water company they wouldn't be able to "Double Dip" me again.

Comment

Working...
                            X