Chambers Bowhunting this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
    Yea they are. Especially the Axis. I could have shot the biggest Aoudad I was seeing this morning and last night but couldn't make myself take what I thought would have been an unethical shot. Either too many other animals in close proximity or it would turn away and only offer a spine shot, which I'm not gonna take purposely. Had numerous shot opportunities on a Corsican ram but none any bigger than the one I've already got here at the house. There were a couple different Axis bucks that were seen but never offered up a shot. Overall it was a good hunt even though we only killed hogs and I would go back.
    sounds like a good time, he certainly does have plenty of animals,,, I will be there Friday!]

Comment

That's good stuff. Wanting to plan a hunt somewhere soon.

Comment

How many acres is this ranch? Is it a low fence operation? Looks like they are close to Brushy Hill.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by bswift355 View Post
            How many acres is this ranch? Is it a low fence operation? Looks like they are close to Brushy Hill.
            Not sure how big it is. But it is high fenced

Comment

Originally posted by bswift355 View Post

If I remember it's 800 acres high fence. I hunted there this past Nov and shot 3 hogs, an Aoudad and a WT. I shot over an axis doe and had shot opportunities every sit on a 4 day exotic hunt.
              Dustin runs the hunting operation and does a great job at putting hunters on animals. I'm going back in the spring for some hog hunting and hope to make it back next Nov for another 4 day exotic hunt.

Comment

Sounds like a good time.

Comment

my group of 8 in November did pretty well, 1 new guy took 5 animals in 4 days, I killed a good wt buck, and texas dall, shot a hog and had a deflection on an aoudad, if I remember correctly we had 13 animals,,, brinkleys little boy shot a nice looking crossbreed ram, he took a couple. and it may have been a couple more, already booked for the same dates next year

Comment

Question for y'all that have been. So when you go shoot multiple animals do you pay the fee for one day or for 2 days?

So say I go for a axis doe, then a ram comes out and I shoot or I wanna shoot a axis buck.. what kind of fees would I be looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                      Question for y'all that have been. So when you go shoot multiple animals do you pay the fee for one day or for 2 days?

So say I go for a axis doe, then a ram comes out and I shoot or I wanna shoot a axis buck.. what kind of fees would I be looking at?
                      all hunts are based on a 2 day, an axis doe hog hunt cost 150 per day, 300 for 2 days, however you generally can not booked a 1 day hunt,, but on occasion it is possible to extend a hunt by a single day, that's why it is listed per day for the fee........
                      any changes in prices,animals or hunts, needs to be answered by mr chambers or dustin, not by anyone on here.... there is no hunt package that you can book without an axis buck and decide you will shoot an axis buck and not get hit with a replacement fee,,,...
                      when i was there in november i shot a texas dall the first trip out on day 3, which is teh first hunt of the 2nd two day set ... he became my hard horned animal, then i realized i had messed up because that would stop me from a wt or axis buck with a day and half left to hunt,,, i paid the fee on the ram ( 300) and was still able to hard wt and axis bucks,, i was fortunate enough to take a big 7 point wt the next morning,,, had i not paid the fee on the ram i would have been hit with a replacement fee for a wt buck which is much higher than the ram was, if it had been an axis buck the fee was even higher. or not been able to shoot anything other than a doe or hog..... they don't try to confuse you or trip you up on the hunt packages or fees, mr Chambers, and dustin will give you a pretty straight answer on anything you ask.... you can check his web site for prices chambersbowhunts.net
                      giarcher, milman and brinkley all went with me on the november trip, it was mil mans 3 time, and giarchers first, i think the 4th for brinkley, it was about my 34th trip i pretty much lost count after the first 15 years
                      Last edited by xman59; 12-27-2016, 10:58 AM.

Comment

It's always a great time out there. What a lot of people confuse is the fact it is NOT a guarantee that you will shoot something. I have seen animals on every sit I have been on the ranch. There is a really good herd of animals on the ranch. With it being a ranch that is quite a bit on the cheaper side for hunts and no trophy fees there is a good amount of pressure on the animals and they are smart. If you do your part you will be successful there. This last trip was my 3rd as xman stated and with the group of guys and I have absolutely had a great time there at the ranch. Dustin works very hard to ensure you are on animals and is very accommodating you just have to talk with him and let him know what you are looking for. He's not a miracle worker, but like I said he does try.

As far as your question about fees, call him up and ask. They have always explained to me in depth any questions I've had about fees or just questions in general and they have never sugar coated any answers.

Comment

I just spent four days hunting at Chambers. What a blast! I tried to start a new thread about it, but have not been a member long enough to do so. The ranch seemed a lot larger than 800 acres; It seemed to go forever. Each hunt, on stand, I saw many, many animals. It felt a lot like my hunt in S Africa...similar terrain, multiple stands, animals coming to recently laid out food, etc. I was able to take a nice Axis Buck and several hogs. The animals were extremely wary, but most of the stands offer great cover. I was not a big fan of the ground blinds, as I felt fairly exposed, but the tree stands were great. And Maurice and Dustin are great guys to work with. I highly recommend this place!

Comment

Glad you had fun ! Dustin sent me the video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntr64 View Post
                              I just spent four days hunting at Chambers. What a blast! I tried to start a new thread about it, but have not been a member long enough to do so. The ranch seemed a lot larger than 800 acres; It seemed to go forever. Each hunt, on stand, I saw many, many animals. It felt a lot like my hunt in S Africa...similar terrain, multiple stands, animals coming to recently laid out food, etc. I was able to take a nice Axis Buck and several hogs. The animals were extremely wary, but most of the stands offer great cover. I was not a big fan of the ground blinds, as I felt fairly exposed, but the tree stands were great. And Maurice and Dustin are great guys to work with. I highly recommend this place!
                              Good report; glad you did well and had fun! Also glad it worked out that you used this other thread to add your info because there is useful background in these original posts. Would be curious to know shot distance set-ups. In other words, close enough for trad gear (sub-20 yards, or so)?
                              Last edited by tradtiger; 02-21-2017, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Chambers Bowhunting this weekend

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                                Good report; glad you did well and had fun! Also glad it worked out that you used this other thread to add your info because there is useful background in these original posts. Would be curious to know shot distance set-ups. In other words, close enough for trad gear (sub-20 yards, or so)?

They have over 60 tree stands and blinds. Some of them are set up for 30 yd shots, but many are as close as 10 yards or less. I had many animals right under my stand. There are a lot of traditional guys who hunt there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X