Red Stripe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yup! Thank you

Comment

The most expensive beer I've ever had was Pliny The Younger

It's about $10 for a SHOT
      and you can only have ONE SHOT
      no doubles
      I've seen bartenders turn down $100 tips for extra shots (better than have a fight start in your bar)
      Extremely limited production
      Only one bar within a certain mile radius gets like HALF a pony keg

I can't lie, the beer was tasty,
      One year I was even able to secure a second shot
      This beer only comes out on some weird day of the year
      Like the third Thursday of February or something
      But there will be a line around the block waiting to get a taste

I think they only sell this beer in California so it was always a bunch of weirdos waiting to drink this

Other beers I've had that I couldn't get enough of
      Austria: Otterkringer
      My girlfriend's mom called it SHEET BIER because it was domestic but I called it GREAT!

Caribbean: Carib
      This beer is great for sticking your toes in the sand and loading the up a case of it in the ice chest and listening to Jimmy Buffet all day
      I need background noise to the waves

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post

no doubles
        I've seen bartenders turn down $100 tips for extra shots (better than have a fight start in your bar)

I think they only sell this beer in California so it was always a bunch of weirdos waiting to drink this

My girlfriend's mom called it SHEET BIER because it was domestic but I called it GREAT!

This beer is great for sticking your toes in the sand and loading the up a case of it in the ice chest and listening to Jimmy Buffet all day

Wow! Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
          Lol

Got a friend that loves it also. I'm kind of neutral on the bottled variety. In the can, not so much, Might be all in my head. For an everyday drinking beer, it's a good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
            Got a friend that loves it also. I'm kind of neutral on the bottled variety. In the can, not so much, Might be all in my head. For an everyday drinking beer, it's a good choice.

High Life ain't that bad.......... My LOL was aimed at the post calling Guinness and Sam Adams sand

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
              High Life ain't that bad.......... My LOL was aimed at the post calling Guinness and Sam Adams sand

We all have our likes
              Guiness actually tastes like burnt coffee
              Sams does taste like sand
              But Sam's makes the best cherry beer and another around the fall/holidays time.

You know what else is a good summer beer?
              Karbach in the yellow and blue can. It's a wheat beer that I can never remember the name of but I know the can.

Comment

We all have or tastes, but for an everyday drinker good old Texas Lone Star ain't all that bad. Inexpensive also. For a treat, I like Kirin or several other foreign beers some of which are not available here. One thing for sure, in the recent past there have been enough beers available to satisfy almost anybodys pallete.

Comment

Just depends on what I'm in the mood for. For the record, I'm definitely not a beer snob. I like some craft beets, but am just as likely to grab a mich ultra, or bud light as I am some of the other stuff. I will throw a couple out there though.

Cold weather hanging round the house or the fire pit...love me some Left Hand Milk Stout.

Hot weather after mowing the yard, or out on the lake, I like Landshark, or Mich Ultra.

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
                    Pearl........because you know it will still be there when you get back from the dance floor. And i know its mine cause no one else drinks it.
                    I used to run a drafthouse and I would put a pint of Pearl, and two other pints that I knew were popular in front of a couple of guests for a blind taste test. The majority of the time, they would pick Pearl. When people aren't judging by the label, the could actually taste the full, awesome flavor of Pearl beer.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                      Favorite beer is Chimay Grand Reserve. It was my first taste of a Trappist Ale and it was delicious. A well balanced ale with notes of dark fruits throughout.

Prost!

Favorite good old stand by...Shiner Bock
                      Chimay Grand Reserve-Now that is what I call a classic!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                        Young's Double Chocolate Stout

Decadent, rich, almost chewy thick.
                        I used to start with a St. Andrews Ale pushed with nitrogen, then a Young's Oatmeal Stout and finish the happy hour with a Guinness and I was ready for the 2 block drive home.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBear View Post
                          I used to run a drafthouse and I would put a pint of Pearl, and two other pints that I knew were popular in front of a couple of guests for a blind taste test. The majority of the time, they would pick Pearl. When people aren't judging by the label, the could actually taste the full, awesome flavor of Pearl beer.
                          I've had the opportunity, thanks to Uncle Sam, to drink a lot of beers in a lot of countries and to me I like them a little on the hoppy/bitter side. Guess that's why I have a liking for Lone Star and Kirin. San Miguel is good also if you can get the non-export variety. Dead give away is the bottle. The export has a paper label, the domestic painted label. Really sweet beer doesn't work for me as does the really strong flavor like Sam Adam's Double IPA. I guess I'm just a middle of the road kind of guy (as I sit here drinking my Lone Star).

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post

no doubles

Had a few Carib's last week in Trinidad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not saying this is my favorite but this one is hella good.
                              Try it out.
                              Against the grain brewery.
                              Rico Sauvin
                              Attached Files

Comment

This one you can drink about any time of the day. A really good beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X