Son of a $&$)@!! Frustrations!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
    Sounds like you need to find someone more reliable. And you also need to stop being an enabler. Quit making excuses for him. You say he is good at what he does, but do you think he is the only out there that can complete the jobs? Surely not. Quit making an excuse of all of his demons. Everybody has them. Everybody has something that they are struggling with in life. That does not mean we get to skip work and make those demons and excuses hold more control over our lives. You are giving him reasons and allowing the behavior to continue he. If he is 45, it is time that he grows up.

Exactly what I was about to type when I saw your response.
    Fire him and don’t look back, when he decides to grow up and assume responsibility he may make someone a good hand. Until then, let him figure out how to deal with life and move on as to keep your business growing.
    And, yes, I’m qualified to make that statement as I’ve been in the construction business for 46 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

stop paying him every friday

Comment

This needs to be a business decision, without consideration for the family aspect.

He is a good carpenter/framer. He is a slow carpenter/framer when he bothers to show up for work. He doesn’t show up for work reliably.

You need to hire a reliable carpenter/framer.

To speak to the complicating issue...family. It sounds like you have multiple jobs going at once. Pay him day wages when he decides to show up.

I’m sorry he’s put you in this position, but if your business feeds your kids, business comes first.

Comment

To be honest this is a simple problem to solve. He needs to go. Massive mistake putting your eggs in his basket while he fly’s the coop. Not the time to post here about what to do. Time to review some resume’s. The more you try to search for an answer with him the farther behind your gonna get. Construction is a dog eat dog world, and your fixing to be lunch relying on him. not trying to sound like a jerk I know this would be an easy decision if it weren’t family, as others have said ... not a good idea. But it’s past time to move on. Hope every thing turns out good for the both of y’all.

Comment

keep a 10% retainer on every job. Tell him your paying hush money to the next client until he gets in gear

Comment

Pay him when the job is finished. Voila!

Comment

Working...
              X