Condenser mister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condenser mister

Do you have a mister system on your AC condenser?
    Does it help?
    The other day I was cruising YouTube and saw AC condenser mister systems.
    Being raised in West Texas back when everyone I knew had a swap cooler I thought this sounds like a good idea.
    The YouTube videos claims it helps your condenser which in turn lowers your electricity bill. Winner, winner chicken dinner or BS?
    You can make your own AC condenser mister system using a sprinkler system solenoid, tubing, mister heads and some other stuff. Or you can buy a $80.-$400. kit.
    Last edited by texaspacker; 06-21-2018, 07:39 AM.

Seems like the minerals and whatnot in the water wouldnt be good for the system

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
      This

Comment

yup

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
        Most of the kits come with a filter you can change out. Yes that might be a hassle but...…..

Comment

Im not very familiar with AC stuff. Is this what yall are talking about?

Comment

Yes sir

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
            http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ir+conditioner

Im not very familiar with AC stuff. Is this what yall are talking about?
            The lower cost systems were cheesy looking. The you tube guy used a sprinkler system solenoid that he tapped into the 24 volt wires running from the thermostat to the condenser. It was not cheesy looking IMO. He bought all the components at Lowes/ Home Depot for about $70.

Comment

It sure did look pretty cheaply made. I was referring to the comments regarding the topic, in general.

Comment

Not good for your fins on your condensor will eventually rot out.

Comment

Working...
                X