No announcement yet.

My buddy just shot his 12th archery sheep - NM Rocky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really cool that is my dream to complete the North American Ovis slam. Where did he get all the bighorns? I’m guessing Mexico, Canada, and Texas?

Comment

My Favorite part is the gear he is wearing in the pics.. He dont need no kuiu or sitka gear to get that **** done haha

Comment

A lot of people have the fortitude OR the bank roll for that, but not a lot have both.

I am green with envy!

Comment

Outstanding accomplishment!!congrats to him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
            My Favorite part is the gear he is wearing in the pics.. He dont need no kuiu or sitka gear to get that **** done haha
            Besides the t-shirt(s) hes wearing decent gear I think.

Comment

Beautiful animals but never wanted to hunt one. Out of curiosity what’s the going rate for a hunt ?

Comment

Outstanding!

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                  Beautiful animals but never wanted to hunt one. Out of curiosity what’s the going rate for a hunt ?
                  I guess if your one of the thousands that can't draw here in NM you could probably bid on a couple of different tags or purchase a raffles ticket for a couple of different tags. Four tags available in the NM enhancement program.
                  Not sure what the auction tags bring.

Comment

Very cool. Love to see his taxidermy room. I wonder what his elk and whitetail collection is like.

Comment

To answer some questions...

Everything has been shot with his Mathews Monster.

As he's getting older, he said he's had to turn his bow down a bit and is pulling 58lbs now.
                      (Last year - he tore his deltoid and wasn't sure if he would be able to pull back his bow. I asked him if he was going to hunt with a crossbow or rifle and he said "never". That he would quit hunting altogether if he can't shoot his bow anymore.)

He is truly a driven person. He has retired now, but nobody would dare use that word around him.

No doubt, the drive and determination it takes to make the fortune it takes to do this many sheep hunts is the same drive and determination that makes him so good at taking mountain sheep.

I'm told there are some people who can make things happen, others who watch things happen, and some who wonder what happened. If you're going to hunt sheep multiple times, it's pretty clear which type you'll need to be.

Starting on the top row - left to right...

Dall - Gana River Outfitters in British Columbia
                      Rocky - Sheep Show auction (Governor's tag), NM
                      Stone's - Sheep Show auction (Minister's Tag), British Columbia
                      Desert - Carman Island Mexico
                      Middle Row...
                      California - (also counts as a Rocky in the Grand Slam)
                      Rocky - Sheep Show auction (Governor's tag), NM (Shot this one last year - scored 192 7/8" - I believe he said it was a record for the state with archery.)
                      Bottom Row...

Click image for larger version

Name:	all sheep.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	24547981
                      Last edited by coonazz; 08-09-2018, 07:24 AM.

Comment

I cannot imagine taking one with a bow much less a dozen, hell of an accomplishment, congrats. Your buddy must be a very private person.

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
                          To answer some questions...

Everything has been shot with his Mathews Monster.

As he's getting older, he said he's had to turn his bow down a bit and is pulling 58lbs now.
                          (Last year - he tore his deltoid and wasn't sure if he would be able to pull back his bow. I asked him if he was going to hunt with a crossbow or rifle and he said "never". That he would quit hunting altogether if he can't shoot his bow anymore.)

He is truly a driven person. He has retired now, but nobody would dare use that word around him.

No doubt, the drive and determination it takes to make the fortune it takes to do this many sheep hunts is the same drive and determination that makes him so good at taking mountain sheep.

I'm told there are some people who can make things happen, others who watch things happen, and some who wonder what happened. If you're going to hunt sheep multiple times, it's pretty clear which type you'll need to be.

Starting on the top row - left to right...

Dall - Gana River Outfitters in British Columbia
                          Middle Row...
                          California - (also counts as a Rocky in the Grand Slam)
                          Rocky - Sheep Show auction (Governor's tag), NM (Shot this one last year - scored 192 7/8" - I believe he said it was a record for the state with archery.)
                          Bottom Row...

[ATTACH]919169[/ATTACH]
                          You certainly didn't owe us an explanation but I am glad you did! It is fascinating to see where these sheep came from. Thanks for posting and congrats to your buddy!

Comment

Huge props.. that's putting skins on the wall

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                              Very cool. Love to see his taxidermy room. I wonder what his elk and whitetail collection is like.
                              The annual books published of best trophy rooms of the world don’t have anything on this guy and the amount of P&Y North American Sheep he has killed. His sheep alone are one of a kind. I doubt there are very few if any world trophy hunters that have that many quality sheep, let alone with a bow...

Comment

Awesome. Quite an accomplishment! Lots of time and effort, to earn the money and make the hunt. Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X