Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It appears your place is open enough for Helo's to be effective. That is by far the fastest and best means of reducing hog #'s

Comment

Till a poison is approved, there really isn't a solution. A pen will keep them out of your feeder area, but you will still have them.

I'm averaging killing 10 a month on 110 acres, and can't tell I have made a dent yet. I know it has to help, but really have my questions as to how much...
      Last edited by BrianL; 04-09-2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

I have an AR and live close by.

DJ

Comment

Ask around and see if anyone in the area is running a BoarBuster trap. You can probably pay somebody to run their trap on your place for a month or so. I am running one in east texas and it is the best option I have found for catching multiple pigs. I have caught 26 in two weeks. 12 in one drop. You do need cell service at location.

Comment

Luckily my neighbor has a deal with a helicopter hog hunt operation, they bring in Helos a few times per year and regularly wipe out 80-100 hogs in a morning. Nothing else compares to this.

I can tell from Covert pics from 350 miles away when he has had the choppers there.

Comment

Put hog panels around your feeders and kill everyone you see. There's pretty much no way to control them as long as your feeding them. Cut off the feed and build pens
              I'm sure the state is working on an eradication plan when pigs fly.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                We have an military grade weapons of mass destruction and live close by.

DJ
                fify

Comment

Check with your local TPW biologist and see if your county has a gov trapper. The biologist should be able to help you with the paperwork to get the state helicopter to run your place. I think the state does kills twice a year here. It does take some time to get the paperwork through all the channels before they fly your place.
                  I just attended a MLD coop meeting where they gave a report on the last TPW fly they killed several hundred hogs and about 50 yotes.
                  Last edited by dphillips62; 04-10-2018, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Call Ted nugent and tell him to bring his chopper. He will wipe them out fast

Comment

10 16’ hog panels did the trick for me

Comment

Maybe work with your neighbors to enlist a local trapper.
                        Someone that can trap several places in the area.

Turn off the feeder. BTW. I only had one pig break into a pen. Panel was inside the fence post at that spot. Huge sow pushed under and crawled out. Photos and bent panel told the story

At least you have admitted you have a problem. First step to recovery.

Comment

Hog panels. You could hold a big get together hog hunt. I am sure plenty of TBHer's would be more then happy to come help with the problem. Also I think the companies that run helicopter hunts are normally happy to bring hunters via helicopter.

Comment

U need good thermals to get rid of that many!!!!! I know several people that can help. We have killed up to 29 in 1 night. send me a PM with phone number and I will send you some pics and videos of how we do it!!! good luck

Comment

You guys seriously need to join Texas Hog Hunters Association on the book of faces. So many people would be offering to trap and/or kill these hogs in a heart beat!

Comment

Make a point to actually kill a few! Shoot some that they won't feel so welcome

Comment

Working...
                                X