Cwd confirmed in Mississippi county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cwd confirmed in Mississippi county

Going to be interesting to see how the state handles this. I have a lot of co-workers effected in the area. Hope it all turns out for the best and there isn’t over reacting

Oh there will be plenty of over reacting.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

It's only a matter of time of time, and it will be every where. And once they actually start testing humans, we will find out how bad this is really going to effect us. But that is going to take some time, and I don't understand why they don't test now. Could it be the government will lose trillions of dollars if they lose the money we spend on hunting, if they find we can in fact contract it. Sucks they still know so little about it.

Comment

If you look for something long enough and hard enough, eventually you'll find it. Brace for the knee jerk over-reaction again. As I've said for some time, this disease has likely ALWAYS been here, we just learned how to find it

Comment

Dang thats just across the Mississippi River from La. Getting close to home.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
            If you look for something long enough and hard enough, eventually you'll find it. Brace for the knee jerk over-reaction again. As I've said for some time, this disease has likely ALWAYS been here, we just learned how to find it
            tell me how in the first 20 er so years of CWD researchers backtraced EVERY SINGLE case of CWD in the country directly back to the research station at Ft Collins Co where it originated.

it ain't a naturally occuring disease and isn't found naturally across the US. It is a man made disease invented at FT Collins Co and spread by truck/trailer across the US.

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
              tell me how in the first 20 er so years of CWD researchers backtraced EVERY SINGLE case of CWD in the country directly back to the research station at Ft Collins Co where it originated.

it ain't a naturally occuring disease and isn't found naturally across the US. It is a man made disease invented at FT Collins Co and spread by truck/trailer across the US.
              It’s not so much that it was “invented” there, it was that it was allowed to cross from sheep species to deer. But I agree that this disease hasn’t simply been in nature in deer since the dawn of time. It’s almost impossible to fully trace all of the different cases back to their origination, but this disease is not something to take lightly.

Comment

Wonder about dogs contracting it from wild game?

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post

First time most diseases are discovered, they trace it back to where it was found first. Doesn't mean that's where it started, only where it was found first. That being said, how'd it get from Ft. Collins to Mississippi?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                    First time most diseases are discovered, they trace it back to where it was found first. Doesn't mean that's where it started, only where it was found first. That being said, how'd it get from Ft. Collins to Mississippi?
                    are you serious??? in a trailer pulled by a truck....same way it has spread 99.9% of the time. There is some deer to deer natural spread from an infected site but that is way slower than the spread it has made since 1965. Trucks are really fast....

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                      It’s not so much that it was “invented” there, it was that it was allowed to cross from sheep species to deer. But I agree that this disease hasn’t simply been in nature in deer since the dawn of time. It’s almost impossible to fully trace all of the different cases back to their origination, but this disease is not something to take lightly.
                      I agree that "invented" may not be the best term. Maybe allowed to transmitt to deer by putting healthy mule deer into prion saturated pens that had held infected sheep. Beth Williams was one of the graduate students working in the mid 60's research that led to CWD. She was also the DR that identified the unknown disease as a TSE disease in the same family as mad cow and scrappie. She is quoted as saying in an early (70s) paper as saying she feared that they(the researchers) had laid the foundation for a new disease in deer. She was probably the leading expert on CWD at the time.

Comment

Lots of denial about this, each and every time a post is made about the latest confirmed case.

Comment

What happens at schools and day cares, where kids are piled together, when a contagious virus or the flu breaks out??? MANY GET SICK AND SPREAD IT....

Prion, bacteria, virus-------- All the same..

The same happens in the deer world.. Its not rocket science, as some would have us believe, but simple common sense.

And after years of distributing these deer through out the country this what happens... This whole fiasco was created by a few and their desire to make money.. Unfortunately we, all hunters and outdoorsman, will feel the wrath of this of this before its over..

Comment

I offer no position on cwd. But I would note that state and collegiate wildlife programs have distributed countless deer all over the country for decades. One need look no further than Ms. State to find the first example where they shipped deer everywhere as well as received deer from all parts of the country. From there how many deer have been relocated all over the country by state wildlife agencies? How many other colleges are involved in deer research transporting and receiving deer from all over?

Not defending or accusing; just noting another way that deer have been spread historically.

Comment

Working...
                            X