Bow lost with USPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow lost with USPS

Last week I shipped a bow using USPS with insurance, to Tennessee. The package is currently in Florida and is delayed, which after many phone calls has pretty much equaled its lost.

Has any of you had a bow lost using USPS? If so, what did you do? How difficult was the process? I can't file for an investigation until April 4th but I'm guessing this is what I'll be doing...

Any suggestions?

Had a similar auto part return that got lost. Showed up on my door step almost a month later after doing a tour across the country.

Comment

if you are the shipper don't use usps. fed-ex or ups are far more accountable and competent.

Comment

I purchased 17 dollars worth of broad heads off another member here. He gave me the wrong tracking number. 3 yrs later I still wait anxiously at my porch waiting for what Brown can do for me.

Comment

Insured I hope!

I ship USPS only when I wouldn't cry if something was lost. Any important/expensive items go UPS and insured. They paid us over $8k on two shipments one time. It was a machine that they destroyed the first go round (ups red at that), then we triple boxed it, 4" of packaging inbetween each layer of cardboard, and completely wrapped with fiber tape. The destroyed the second package as well. They all screw up from time to time, but at least I've had good luck with UPS covering it when they do!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shoot....what a ride!"

Comment

Originally posted by WamBow View Post
            if you are the shipper don't use usps. fed-ex or ups are far more accountable and competent.
            Agreed, I had one small package of clothing lost with USPS. Thirty days later it arrived and I was surprised, but not happy about it. I'll opt for UPS in every other scenario.

Comment

Thanks guys, I have learned my lesson with usps.. will not be using them again. Yes the package was insured, so at least I can attempt to get a reimbursement.

Comment

As everyone has stated, I avoid USPS like the plague. More government inefficiency at it's finest. I do hope you are able to work it out with them.

Comment

Ordered some reloading stuff at the beginning of March sent priority mail. After showing quick movement from the Tennessee/Kentucky area, all movement stopped two days later. Like you I thought it was lost. USPS told me it wasn't technically lost and they must have just missed a check in. I was very irritated especially since they told me I couldn't file a claim until after 30 days. They also told me priority isn't really priority which made me even more irritated.

I pretty much lost hope, tried my best not to argue with a lot of people and sure it enough it showed up to my door 3 and half weeks later. Box was beat to $%^& but nothing inside was damaged.

I guess I'll tell you what they told me. Sit tight and if it is not there in 30 days then file a claim. Much like USPS, I'm not any help. But maybe there is still hope it will arrive...eventually.

Comment

Bought a timney trigger online 2-3 years ago and it got lost.. showed up about 3 or 4 weeks later..

Comment

I had a Guitar get lost with USPS, I filed a lost package claim, they said it would take up to thirty days to get it resolved, after waiting the thirty days, I tried to file an insuarance claim and they said I waited too long. If you file a lost package claim, start the insurance claim at the same time. I never got any money or the guitar back. Bad thing is, it stopped at the next location here in Texas. I tried to get them to go look in the lost and found, but nothing ever came of it. I think it was stolen at the first drop off.

I now only use UPS and Fedex for shipping things. Bad because my dad has worked for our post office for over thirty years.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
                        Thanks guys, I have learned my lesson with usps.. will not be using them again. Yes the package was insured, so at least I can attempt to get a reimbursement.
                        Find the key word in the paragraph above.

Comment

In PA I always had excellent service with USPS. Since moving to Texas it has been awful. Twice things showed as being delivered and about 3 days later they finally brought it to the door at about 7pm. I asked the mail lady and she just shrugged and walked back to her truck. And one was not delivered at all, tracking showed it made it to the Springtown post office. I went out and it wasn't there, they were super rude and had no idea what was going on. About a week later it was in the mailbox looking abused.

Now if I have a choice I select UPS or FedEx.

Comment

I've never had any issues with USPS, but after reading this, I think I'm on borrowed time. I'll use UPS.

Comment

I saw a FedEx truck delivering packages to the USPS in Conroe today.
                              I was bumfaggled to say the least!

Comment

Working...
                              X