JB hunting Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JB hunting Ranch

I went about two weeks ago to this ranch and couldn't have had a better time. I took my fiance out there on her first hunt. We arrived the day before our hunt and Mr. Jim Bob let us hunt that afternoon. So we took a seat in one of the box blinds and waited a good hour and a half for the hogs to come in. Not that we were bored on the blind at all. The Fallow deer and Axis kept us entertained. When the pigs came in my honey connected with a Nice tender 60 lb. sow. That night we fished the river and cought nothing but a case of the red *** from sitting waitng and wishing Mr. whiskers would come to the hog liver we were drowning. The next morning we were on the stand before the butt crack of dawn. The hogs were every where but we still didn't have enough light to take a truly ethical shot so we waited, listening to the corn hoovers crunching away oblivious to the Magnus head that was poised ready to strike as soon as light is sufficient to take my shot. Finally a small boar gave me a perfect broadside shot at 20 yards. So I drew back, took a breath, settled my pin right behind his knee on his front leg and wham!!!! Theres some yummy backstrap... Although the hogs we took were small there were some real bruisers out there. We were on a meat hunt. I would recommend this ranch to anyone looking for a place to introduce someone to the wonderful world of hunting...
    Last edited by arrowsmack324; 04-06-2008, 07:52 AM. Reason: grammar

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
    I went about two weeks ago to this ranch and couldn't have had a better time. I took my fiance out there on her first hunt. We arrived the day before our hunt and Mr. Jim Bob let us hunt that afternoon. So we took a seat in one of the box blinds and waited a good hour and a half for the hogs to come in. Not that we were bored on the blind at all. The Fallow deer and Axis kept us entertained. When the pigs came in my honey connected with a Nice tender 60 lb. sow. That night we fished the river and cought nothing but a case of the red *** from sitting waitng and wishing Mr. whiskers would come to the hog liver we were drowning. The next morning we were on the stand before the butt crack of dawn. The hogs were every where but we still didn't have enough light to take a truly ethical shot so we waited, listening to the corn hoovers crunching away oblivious to the Magnus head that was poised ready to strike as soon as light is sufficient to take my shot. Finally a small boar gave me a perfect broadside shot at 20 yards. So I drew back, took a breath, settled my pin right behind his knee on his front leg and wham!!!! Theres some yummy backstrap... Although the hogs we took were small there were some real bruisers out there. We were on a meat hunt. I would recommend this ranch to anyone looking for a place to introduce someone to the wonderful world of hunting...
    Sounds like yall had a good time. Congrats on the pork. Got any pix? Were the axis and fallow shooters? See anything else? Got a web site or number?

Comment

www.jbhuntingranch.com There was a chocolate Fallow out there that had just shed his antlers but from the 45 minutes I watched him I could swear that he had some bases the size of my wrist. Seen some so-so rams.

Comment

Looked at the site. No prices listed. Do you know any of the prices or do I need to call? Are there any kill fee's?

Comment

I'd say go ahead and jim bob a call...

Comment

Working...
          X