Predator calling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predator calling.

I’m sitting now trying to call in yotes with the electronic call and really don’t know what I’m doing. Which preset calls do y’all start with and then use in sequence? I’m a rookie at this and want to learn from the pros. I heard some close and tried to coax them in, but I think I scared them all off. Lol

There is an older thread on here that has a lot of info in one place.

Comment

I rarely have luck calling in dogs I hear yipping, seems if they are yipping they ain’t all that hungry.

Comment

Thanks for that link

Comment

You can contact Gary Robertson, he is one the site and he can help

Comment

If you've been using distress sounds try mixing in some vocals or just strictly vocals. They're pairing/paired up right now.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              If you've been using distress sounds try mixing in some vocals or just strictly vocals. They're pairing/paired up right now.
              Howl and estrus chirp is all I used today, no luck, but it was really windy today too

Comment

I should have had a cat this evening. Killed a coyote earlier. I wasn't calling but maybe 300 yards from a road and a truck spooked my cat. That's all I can figure that it could have been. I just used distress sounds because I knew I was in a good area for bobcats.

The coyote came in from behind me and to my right. That's the first time I've had a coyote come in from downwind and start circling up wind from me. I don't know what he was thinking. He got sprayed by a skunk at some point so maybe his sniffer was jacked up, I don't know. All I can say for sure is he didn't like that 55 grain V-Max.
                Last edited by okrattler; 02-25-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X