No announcement yet.

nope, nope, nope, nope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a kickback about a year ago. Woodshop in high school taught me to stand to the side to keep from getting hit in the face, gut or nads.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Always stand to the side to keep from getting the head, gut or mass. This was from a kickback about a year ago.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

First day of a new job, turns out the fence on the table saw shifted around quite a bit if you pushed against it a certian way. Was ripping a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Fence moved, momentum involved. Lost a finger tip and nail. I sat there for 5 minutes just not believing what happened. I was so lucky. Fixed the fence immediately.

Comment

I only wish this additional feature didn’t increase the cost so much. Small price to pay I know, but when I was looking a Bosch saw with and without the Reaxx feature, the difference was $500 vs $2200. I just couldn’t do it and I hope to never regret that decision.

Comment

Ain't no way i'd try that!!

Comment

Heck no!

Comment

Nope, no way I'd try that. I almost always use push sticks to keep my fingers as far away as possible.

Comment

To avoid kickbacks put the blade on backwards. Then have your "buddy"on the other side. Be sure to video!!!

Just Joking. Please do not do this.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Now this takes me back to shop class in 8th grade when one of our not-so-bright students said "I'm so fast I can run my hand across this planer while it is running and not even break the skin." NOT!

Comment

It's not in my nature to shy away from any machine, I feel like I can run about anything....but there's not a tool on earth that gets my un divided attention like the table saw, I will not use it if I can do the job with something else.

Comment

Table saws are for wusses.
                        Skill saw, rubber band, and a vice... now thats carpentry.

Comment

SawStop patents run out around 2020 or 2021. Then the market will be flooded and the technology will get even better.

The Reaxx was a better tech but infringed on SawStop because of some completely unreasonable patent was obtained. Something like a “blade retraction” patent... so any technology, no matter the mechanism or trigger, that retracted the blade for safety infringed. Very broad and expansive patent.

Soon, all woodworkers will be better off and lost fingers will sharply decline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I still can't believe he put his finger in there.....a circuit or something could had failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              It's not in my nature to shy away from any machine, I feel like I can run about anything....but there's not a tool on earth that gets my un divided attention like the table saw, I will not use it if I can do the job with something else.
                              It’s the only tool I own that NO ONE is allowed to use but me. Watched a neighbor lose a finger in a one second wrong move.....

Comment

I bet he planned to touch the blade just slightly and stop regardless of what the blade did. We never would have seen the video, if the blade had not retracted. Keep your saws clean and maintained. Pay attention!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X