2018 Matagorda county pig thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m going to start a thread and update it each time I come sit on my hog spot in matagorda county. This spot has quite a few pigs moving through a bed plenty of hog damage. Here’s to hoping I get a few pigs killed throughout the year! Anybody else hunting this area is welcome to post pics of their pigs killed this year.

My stand is only 8’ off the ground but the view is awesome. I’m on the south end of the woods right up against a big field. Pigs come from the west or north.

Last edited by popup_menace; 01-12-2018, 04:35 PM.

What part or matagorda county?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not far from nuclear plant

Comment

The weather feels perfect. Just heard a gunshot to my west. Hoping the neighbors spook something my way.

Comment

Sounds like a thread I will keep up with

Comment

I have 12 acres off of 521, lots of signs but have seen no pigs...

Comment

Good luck. I own property on the Matagorda/Brazoria County line. I could kill pigs every night of the week. I've killed 4 in the last 4 hunts. I quit hunting because I don't feel like messing with them.

Comment

Here's the last few hunts.

Comment

Havent heard or seen any so far. My pig light comes in next week and I am digging out a post hole to fill with corn on Monday. Hopefully I can save up quick for a trail cam, because that’s all I need to get them patterned. Very quiet now and temps are dropping quick

Comment

I live in Bay City, I don't like the way the hogs taste in Matagorda, I'm talking about the hogs I shoot off the canal. Are they better tasting inland?

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                      I live in Bay City, I don't like the way the hogs taste in Matagorda, I'm talking about the hogs I shoot off the canal. Are they better tasting inland?
                      I'm over by Cedar Lane, my hogs are great with as much as I feed them.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        I'm over by Cedar Lane, my hogs are great with as much as I feed them.
                        Good, then I'll come get one next week, waters too cold in East Bay, crabs aren't moving
                        Last edited by Leemo; 01-12-2018, 06:07 PM. Reason: Word

Comment

No luck. Back at it Monday

Comment

Good, then I'll come get one next week, waters too cold in East Bay, crabs aren't moving

This is what they're good for!!

Comment

I live in Markham and have shot plenty of hogs in the El Maton area; they taste fine to me. Of course, Joey at B&S can make them taste a whole lot better. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X