BBQ cookoff open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ cookoff open

Trying to think of some new ideas for the Open at some upcoming cook-offs. Any ideas. I may try the bacon wrapped meatballs that coachs' wife posted the other day with a few twists

I may be at Giddings with my cousin and his buddy in a couple weeks so I'm not sharing. They will be there for sure but I'm still not sure I am going to be there.

Good luck.

Comment

if you make it out let me know. We will have plenty of food and drinks. I am cooking in Giddings next weekend and then in Smithville the last weekend. Last year I cooked some Bacon wrapped stuffed poblano peppers in Giddings and got 8th. Guess I cant complain. there were 154 entries.

Comment

I've never cooked an "open" category but my go to has gotten me paid several times. 1st place People's Choice last year in Meridian with 197 teams and 2nd the year before with 184 teams. Can't spill the beans brother! Sorry lol. Good luck to ya though!!! Maybe we will cross paths a cookoff one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Shooter View Post
          if you make it out let me know. We will have plenty of food and drinks. I am cooking in Giddings next weekend and then in Smithville the last weekend. Last year I cooked some Bacon wrapped stuffed poblano peppers in Giddings and got 8th. Guess I cant complain. there were 154 entries.
          Will do. My cousin normally does well with his beans and ribs and hits with his peppers in the open on occasion. I will probably be doing the sausage entry and our chicken. Did you cook in Lexington last weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Shooter View Post
            Trying to think of some new ideas for the Open at some upcoming cook-offs. Any ideas. I may try the bacon wrapped meatballs that coachs' wife posted the other day with a few twists
            This is my favorite grilled recipe. You can tweak it too. Add some chopped jalapeno, add crumbled bacon into the mix, add a hint of sour cream.

Comment

Two more

Comment

back up for this years competition. Didn't hit in the open last year but ended up winning Grand Champion over all in the meat categories with a 2nd chicken and 6th ribs. Thinking of doing a stuffed shrimp brochette with a creamy jalapeno sauce.

Comment

Working...
                X