No announcement yet.

Which hang on Treestand to buy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a lot of different hang on stands and steps and I think it really depends on whether you plan to set it and forget it or use it for mobile hunting.

What's important to you for a hang on stand/sticks setup?

- Price?
    - Weight?
    - Platform size?
    - Seat comfort?
    - Packability?
    - Quietness?

For mobile hunting I primarily use a Lone Wolf Alpha II with an upgraded seat cushion and Lone Wolf sticks. It packs well, the weight is manageable for reasonable hikes, the stand is adjustable for leaning/crooked trees, and the platform works with my size 14 feet.

For set it and forget it locations I use big, heavy, inexpensive, steel stands and stick ladders made in China.

The ultimate hang on for roominess and comfort is the previously mentioned Millenium M150. The platform is huge, it has a built-in foot rest, the seat is all-day comfortable and the seat height is adjustable. I love mine, but it's an absolutely massive stand that weighs over 20lbs, which makes it difficult for mobile hunting unless you have climbing sticks set up on your tree in advance so that all you have to do is pack in the stand and hang it.
    Last edited by Vermin93; 09-23-2017, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Jeremey, what are your requirements of one? Will you be transporting it with an ATV or truck to most of it's location? Or packing it in long distances? Is weight a factor? Do you need a large, average, or small platform? Do you need arm rest for comfort? What type of seat do you want, sling, fold up, swivel, netted, padded, ect? What are some of the accessories available for the type of stand your looking for? Are the climbing sticks/steps pack-able together with the stand? Is it made from steel, aluminum, or other? Dose it squeak when it gets cold? What are the attachment methods when hanging?

These are just a few of the questions I've encountered for my self over the years. And why I've gone through a few stands as well as own more than one (own so much gear ). Give me a call if I help .

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        Jeremey, what are your requirements of one? Will you be transporting it with an ATV or truck to most of it's location? Or packing it in long distances? Is weight a factor? Do you need a large, average, or small platform? Do you need arm rest for comfort? What type of seat do you want, sling, fold up, swivel, netted, padded, ect? What are some of the accessories available for the type of stand your looking for? Are the climbing sticks/steps pack-able together with the stand? Is it made from steel, aluminum, or other? Dose it squeak when it gets cold? What are the attachment methods when hanging?

These are just a few of the questions I've encountered for my self over the years. And why I've gone through a few stands as well as own more than one (own so much gear ). Give me a call if I help .

Haha! That’s a lot of questions Mike!! I’ll be taking it in with my truck, and carry shot distance so weight really isn’t that big of a deal. I’d like a large platform and comfort. All the other options I don’t really have a preference at this point. I really like the look of the millennium stands with the full seat. I do know I for sure want a foot rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks all for the input!! Price is like to stick around $150-200ish. I want something nice and comfortable. This stand will hopefully be set and left up unless I need to move for whatever reason.

Comment

2nd for Hawk and Lone Wolf. Got the Hawk stand at academy. Large platform is a must. The Hawk has a good size, isn't heavy and has a nice seat cushion that comes off. I use that cushion on all my other stands.

If you're gonna be moving it regularly I highly recommend Lone Wolf climbing sticks. They aren't cheap, but are strong, light and clip together for easy transport. I believe Muddy makes a version too. Not sure how much they are.

Comment

I have owned most major brands out there. Lone Wolf is great. But, certainly not the most comfortable. Find one with arm rest and a mesh seat for that. And, make sure it has a foot rest.

Comment

Game tamer style

Comment

What y’all think about the millennium 360 lock on?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                    What y’all think about the millennium 360 lock on?

millennium is the most comfortable stand I have ever set in. I'm sure that stand is great but probably a booger to hang.

Comment

Any stand made by millennium. Just depends on circumstance on which one

Comment

Always heard millennium is the best. But I love my game winner aluminum stands. Not too heavy and for $50 I can buy 4-5 for the price of one millennium.

Comment

I like my m150. The set up was a breeze and it super comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
                            Always heard millennium is the best. But I love my game winner aluminum stands. Not too heavy and for $50 I can buy 4-5 for the price of one millennium.

Which one do ya have? Online I have seen academy had a regular sized one and an oversized one. But they don’t have any specs of size and weights

Comment

I like Muddy or XOP. I have several called the Vantage from Muddy. Easiest hang on to put up, it has a little bracket the stand slides right into.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                                Which one do ya have? Online I have seen academy had a regular sized one and an oversized one. But they don’t have any specs of size and weights

Mine is called " aluminum oversized hang on". I just loomed online and couldn't find them anywhere. Maybe academy quit selling them. They're awesome for the price if you can find one. I even bought the display one after last season. Big platform and big seat with a decent pad.

Comment

Working...
                                X